The Mind Flayer

...

"The electricity."

...

"Are you okay?" Max asked Liv as they walked side by side on the train tracks.

"Yeah. Why?" Liv replied.

"You just looked like you were having a moment on the bus. That's all." Max told her.

"Oh. Dont worry I'm fine." Liv promised her.

Max stared at the girl, not knowing if she should believe her or not.

"Liv?"

"Yeah?"

"You know you can tell me anything. Right?" Max looked at her.

Liv looked at Max. "Yeah."

Max slowly nodded. "Okay."

Liv really wanted to tell Max about Marissa but she didn't want Max think that she was the reason for someone being killed. She's never mentioned that night with Marissa to anyone. Not even Steve or the other party members and she planned to keep it that way.

"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asked, pulling Liv and Max away from their separate conversation.

"Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt." Dustin said in an exasperated tone.

"He was tiny two days ago." Max pointed out.

"Well, he's molted three times already." Dustin told her.

"Malted?"

"Molted. Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms." Liv corrected Steve.

"When's he gonna molt again?" Max asked.

"It's gotta be soon. When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends." Dustin informed her.

"Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." Steve added.

Lucas put a hand on Dustin's shoulder, stopping him from walking. "Wait, a cat? Dart ate a cat?"

"No, what? No." Dustin lied.

"What are you talking about? He ate Mews." Steve blurted out.

"Mews? Who's Mews?" Max asked.

"It's Dustin's cat." Liv told her.

"Liv!" Dustin yelled.

Lucas shoved Dustin's shoulder. "I knew it! You kept him!"

"No! No. No, I... No, I..." Dustin stuttered. "He missed me. He wanted to come home."