The Monster and the Superhero

...

"Hunt the freak, right?"

...

The next morning Liv was woken up by the feeling of someone moving a piece of hair away from her face. When she opened her eyes she was met with Max's beautiful ocean blue eyes staring right at her.

"That's the first time you've peacefully woken me up." Liv joked.

"Be quiet and cuddle with me. I've been waiting for an hour for you to wake up." Max smiled.

Liv rolled her eyes before scooting closer to Max. "Better?"

"Mhm." Max hummed as she wrapped her arms around Liv.

Liv looked up at Max and gave her a gentle kiss on the lips. "You have any nightmares?"

"Just one." Max softly said.

"I'm sorry, baby." Liv frowned.

Max shrugged. "It's okay, Livie. They're actually better when I'm with you."

Liv's frown turned into a smile.

"And-" Max said before stopping herself. "Nevermind."

"What?" Liv asked.

"Nothing. I don't wanna boost your ego anymore." Max said.

"No, no, no. Tell me." Liv begged.

"Hmm. I don't know, Livie." Max teased with a smile.

"Please! Because now I'm gonna be thinking about it all day and it's gonna bug me." Liv pleaded. "Please, Max. I'll do anything."

"Anything, huh?" Max smirked.

"Mhm." Liv nodded.

"Okay." Max started to play with the waistband of Liv's short as she gave her the look.

"Max, Steve is downstairs." Liv said.

"Well, then I guess you'll just have to be quiet." Max whispered.

"Fine." Liv finally gave in but before the two could do anything, Steve kicked open Liv's door.

"Rise and shine campers!" Steve yelled causing the two girls to jump. "Eddie called. He needs food."