The Battle of Starcourt

...

"Flay this, you ugly piece of shit!"

...

El was still screaming and sobbing on the floor while that thing still moved around in her leg. No one knew what to do so they all just watched.

"What is that?" Erica groaned in disgust.

"There's something in there." Mike stated the obvious.

"No shit, Wheeler." Liv snapped from where she stood, clinging onto Max's arm.

"Jesus Christ." Dustin commented.

"Keep her talking. Keep her awake, okay?" Jonathan told everyone before running off somewhere.

"Hey, hey, hey. Stay awake, stay awake." Mike told El as he noticed her struggle to keep her eyes open. "Let's get her on this side, on this side."

Nancy, Dustin, and Steve helped Mike move El over to the side of the mall.

"Easy, easy, easy, easy." Steve instructed.

"It's, uh... You know, it's not actually that bad. There was a... The goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg, and like the whole bone came out of her knee, six inches or something, it was insane." Robin rambled as everyone gave her weird looks.

"Robin." Liv stopped her rambling.

"Yeah?" Robin looked at Liv.

Liv shook her head. "You're not helping."

"I'm sorry." Robin apologized and looked back at El.

It was pretty obvious that Robin wasn't good in situations like this. Just then, Jonathan came running back over to the others with a heated up knife. He slid onto his knees right next to El.

"Okay. All right, El? This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?" Jonathan warned.

"Okay." El sobbed.

"I need you to stay real still. Here, you're gonna want to bite down on this, okay?" Jonathan gave Mike a wooden spoon.

"Jesus Christ." Dustin commented as Mike put the wooden spoon in El's mouth.

Jonathan hovered the knife over El's leg and looked around at everyone.

"Do it." Mike said.

"Okay." Jonathan whispered before slicing El's leg open, causing El to scream in pain and everyone else to cringe.

Jonathan then stuck his two fingers into El's leg which made her scream louder. Liv hid her face in Max's arm. El screamed as Jonathan's fingers moved around inside her leg.

"Jonathan!" Nancy yelled.

"Stop talking!" Jonathan yelled back and stuck his fingers in deeper when he couldn't grab whatever was inside. "Goddamn it!"