Revealed Feelings

...

"I really like you, Max."

...

It's been a month since all the stuff with the mind flayer happened. Liv and Max have gotten really close. It was pretty obvious that the two of them had feelings for each other but neither of them wanted to confess.

It was the night of the snow ball and Liv was supposed to be taking Max as her date but since she broke her ankle and is now on crutches she can't go.

Max was a little upset but understood. Liv told Max to go and have fun at the snowball because she didn't want to ruin Max's night but little did Liv know the redhead had other plans.

Steve walked into the living room to see his sister sitting on the couch and watching tv with a frown on her face. Liv's ankle was elevated up onto the coffee table.

"Liv, I'm going to take Dustin to the snowball." Steve told her.

"Okay." Liv said, not looking away from the tv.

"You sure you don't wanna go?" Steve asked.

Liv looked away from the tv. "I'm not gonna be able to dance or doing anything while I'm there so there is no point in going."

Steve sighed as Liv turned back to the tv. Steve left the house to pick up Dustin and bring him to the snow ball.

...

Once Steve returned from dropping off Dustin he joined Liv in watching tv on the couch. A couple minutes later the doorbell rang. Steve stood up from the couch and went to open the door.

"Max?" Steve said.

Liv's head snapped towards the door.

"Is Liv here?" Max asked Steve.

Steve stepped away from the door and let Max in. "She's in the living room."

Max walked into the house and went into the living room to see Liv.

"Max!" Liv beamed. The frown that was on Liv's face had turned into a smile. "What are you doing here? Why aren't you at the snowball?"

"Because you aren't going." Max said as she sat down next to Liv.

Liv smiled. Max looked around the living room and noticed a record player sitting by the fireplace. Max stood up and walked over to it.

"What are you doing?" Liv asked.

"Since you can't go to the snowball..." Max bent down next to the record player and started playing True by Spandau Ballet. "I'll bring the snowball to you."

Max stood up and walked back over to Liv. Max held out her hand for Liv to take. Liv looked at Max's hand before looking into her eyes.

"Come on. I don't bite." Max said.

Liv took Max's hand and stood up from the couch. Max put her hands on Liv's waist as Liv just stood there.

Max let out a breathy laugh. "Here."

Max took Liv's hands and put them around her neck. Liv smiled as she and Max looked into each other's eyes as they slow danced.

"You have really pretty eyes." Liv dreamily said.

Max smiled and blushed. Liv glanced down Max's lips and looked back into her eyes while Max did the same. Liv quickly leaned in and kissed Max. Max stood there in shock but then kissed back when she came to her senses. The kiss lingered for a couple seconds before they pulled away, smiling like idiots. Max pulled Liv closer as she laid her head on Max's shoulder.

"I really like you, Max." Liv softly said.

"I really like you, too, Liv." Max smiled.

Liv lifted her head from Max's shoulder. The two girls smiled at each other before locking their lips together again. Nothing could ruin the moment that the two young teens were having. Not even Steve who was watching in the next room. Or the monster that was still lurking over Hawkins. They had each other and that's all they needed.