The Flayed

...

"Because she's my girlfriend and I love her!"

...

The next day Mike, Lucas, Will, El, and Liv were all in Mikes basement. Liv sat on the couch while El got ready to find Hopper in the void.

During the night a big bruise had formed under Liv's eye from when Billy punched her in the face.

Max sat down next to Liv on the couch with an ice pack. "I got you some ice, baby."

Max put the ice pack under Liv's eye right on the bruise causing her to wince in pain.

"Ow, Max!" Liv pushed Max's hand away.

"Hey!" Max scolded before putting the ice pack back under Liv's eye.

"Max, I don't need ice." Liv rolled her eyes.

Max sighed. "Livie, its starting to swell."

"So?" Liv asked.

"So, the ice will help with the swelling. Now, stop being a baby." Max told her.

Liv sighed as she gave up on trying to argue with Max. El tied the blindfold around her eyes as she got ready to go into the void.

"I found him." El said after a couple minutes of silence.

"Where is he?" Max asked.

"Woods." El answered.

"Woods?" Lucas repeated.

"He's with... Will's mom." El added.

"My- My mom?" Will leaned closer.

"What are they doing?" Max wondered.

"Ill... annoy. They're going to Ill-annoy." El answered.

"Mike! Breakfast!" Karen banged on the basement door.

"Not now, Mom!" Mike shouted. "Illinois? Illinois, like the state? The state of Illinois?" Mike asked as El took off her blindfold.

El shrugged as blood came out of her nose. "Ill-annoy."

Max sighed and stood up from the couch. "Let's clean up your bloody nose." Max turned back around to Liv and handed her the ice pack. "Keep this on your bruise."

Liv took it and rolled her eyes. "Yes, Mom."

Max pointed her finger at her and looked at Liv with a stern look. "I mean it. Keep it on."

"I will." Liv promised her as she put it under her eye. Once El and Max walked into the bathroom and shut the door, Liv immediately removed the ice pack and put it on the coffee table. "Not."

"Something's not right. I can't get Hopper off my back all summer, now all of a sudden, he's hiking with Will's mom to Illinois?" Mike started. "And Dustin's MIA, too?"