The Case of the Missing Lifeguard

...

"He looked at me."

...

Later that night the girls were hanging out at Hopper's cabin. El sat on her bed reading a magazine while Liv sat across from her watching as Max danced around singing Angel.

Max looked at Liv as she sang. "You must be an angel. I can see it in your eyes. Full of wonder and surprise." Max winked at Liv before she looked over and saw El smiling at a photo of Ralph Macchio. "Oh, you found Ralph Macchio." Max smirked as she sat down next to Liv on the bed.

"Macchio?" El asked.

"Yeah, he's the Karate Kid. Hai-yah!" Max karate chopped El's arm causing the three girls to laugh. "He's so hot, right? I bet he's an amazing kisser, too." Max dreamily smiled causing Liv to hit her in the arm. "You're an amazing kisser too. Don't get so jealous." Max put her hand on Liv's thigh before looking back at El. "Hey, uh... is Mike a good kisser?"

"I don't know. He's my first my boyfriend." El shrugged as she smiled.

"Ex-boyfriend." Liv corrected as she toyed with the bracelet that Max had gotten her earlier that day.

El looked down with a frown and Max was quick to reassure her.

"Hey, don't worry about it. Okay? He'll come crawling back to you in no time, begging for forgiveness. I guarantee you, he's, like, totally wallowing in self-pity and misery right now with the others. He's like, 'oh, I hope she takes me back'."

The three girls laughed.

"God, what I wouldn't give to see his stupid face." Liv pictured Mike laying on his couch crying his eyes out.

El looked at Liv and Max with a thoughtful expression.

"What is it?" Max asked.

All El did was smirk. "I'll spy on them."

"How does that work?" Max asked.

Liv put a hand on Max's shoulder. "Just watch."

El stood up from the bed and switched the radio to static before she sat down in front of it and put on a blindfold. Max and Liv sat on El's bed, watching with their hands intertwined.

"Is this really gonna work?" Max asked.

El nodded.

"Holy shit, this is insane." Max looked at Liv and El with a big smile as she couldn't contain her excitement.

"Max." El said as Liv put a hand on Max's thigh signaling her to be quiet.

"Yeah, quiet. I'm sorry."

The three girls sat in silence for a minute until El spoke up.

"I see them."

Max stood up from the bed and sat down on the floor across from El, dragging her girlfriend with her since they were still holding hands.