The Mall Rats

...

"How does she know about the Russians?"

...

The next morning Liv was hanging out at Scoops with Robin and Steve. Steve was in the back on his break while Liv and Robin were in the front. Robin was taking people's orders while Liv sat on the counter behind her. As the customer that Robin was serving left, Dustin came up to the counter.

"Hi." Dustin smiled.

"Hi." Robin said.

"I'm Dustin." Dustin introduced.

"I'm Robin." Robin replied.

"Pleasure to meet you. Uh, is- is he here?" Dustin wondered.

"Is who here?" Robin asked.

Steve slammed open the back door, startling Liv.

"Henderson." Steve threw his arms up. "Henderson! He's back! He's back!"

"I'm back! You got the job!" Dustin beamed.

"I got the job!" Steve exclaimed making trumpet noises.

The two of them did their little handshake while Liv and Robin shared looks of disturbance. They made lightsaber noises before Dustin pretended to stab Steve in the stomach. The two of them shared a laugh.

"How many children are you friends with?" Robin asked.

"Sometimes I feel like you love Dustin more than me." Liv replied.

Steve sighed and looked at Dustin while pointing to Liv and Robin with an annoyed expression.

...

Steve made Dustin some ice cream and then he, Liv, and Dustin went to sit at one of the booths to catch up and then that's when Dustin started talking about Suzie.

"No, no. No way. Hotter than Phoebe Cates? No." Steve found it hard to believe.

"Mhm." Dustin nodded.

"I don't believe it. No girl is hotter than Phoebe Cates." Steve said.

"Max is. And also Suzie doesn't exist." Liv butted in.

"She does to exist!" Dustin shouted at Liv before turning back to Steve. "She's brilliant, too. And she doesn't even care that my real pearls are still coming in. She says kissing is better without teeth."

Steve and Liv shared a look. Steve looked back at Dustin, not knowing what to say.

"Wow. Yeah, that's great. Proud of you, man. That's ro- That's kinda romantic. That's like... wow." Steve smiled.

"So do you guys really just get to eat as much of this as you want?" Dustin changed the subject.

"Yeah. Steve gives me ice cream for free but I don't really eat a lot because im trying to keep in shape." Liv answered