The Piggyback

...

"I love you, Livie."

...

Max, Lucas, Liv and Erica split up in the Creel house to try and look for Vecna. Liv was afraid to leave Max alone but Max somehow convinced her that she would be alright and that it'd be okay.

They all took off their shoes and used their lights to see if Vecna was there. When someone's lantern lit up they would notify the others with their notepads.

As Liv looked around she saw Max, Erica, and Lucas walk up to her with the notepad that said 'found vecna'.

Liv nodded before letting the them lead her to him. In the middle of the room there was Erica's lantern that was buzzing and lit up.

Max slowly walked up to it and her lantern started to buzz and light up. She looked back at the others as Erica took off her marker cap and wrote down on her notepad.

Phase one?

Lucas nodded to her and Erica put her shoes back on before running out of the house and over to the playground that was across the street.

...

Max and Liv each sat down on a couch across from each other in the den while Lucas stood by the window and waited for Erica's signal.

Liv leaned her head in the palm of her hand, thinking of what would happen if their plan didn't work.

Max studied her face before picking up her notebook and taking the cap off of her marker. The sound of the maker made Liv snap out of her thoughts and look at Max.

Max glanced at Liv before she wrote something down on her notepad and showed it to Liv.

Hi.

Liv smiled before picking up her notepad, taking off the cap of her marker, and writing something down.

Hi :)

Max smiled and started to write something else down.

I'm glad you're here.

Liv's smile got bigger as she picked up her notepad and started to write something down.

Me too!

Max smiled. This is the first time the girls have smiled since they were together on the field and Nancy taught Liv how to shoot a gun.

Liv flipped over a new page in her notepad and started to write something else down.

Movie friday?

Liv gave her a hopeful smile. Max didn't even smile back. She just sighed and started to write something down. Liv, worried, tried to take a glance at Max's paper. Max just looked at her and pulled the paper closer to her. Liv just leaned back in her chair. Max continued to write before she flipped over her notepad.