Chapter-1

●⎯⎯⎯ ❈❃❃❃❈⎯⎯⎯●

HINAKO WALKED TOWARDS THE table and placed the tray of red bean mochi gently on the table, Yun-Ho who was sitting at the table gently poured the new blend of herbal tea she had just made into a cup as Geun-Tae watched with wariness

Now Geun-Tae loved his wife but that love didn't extend towards the weird smelling tea she makes.

Hinako chuckled at her father's wariness as she too sat down at the table, Yun-Ho quickly started conversing with Hinako as Geun-tae shuffled around with the envelopes that had arrived that day.

"Well I'll be," Geun-Tae said before he started laughing holding an envelope with the royal symbol on it, "Is something wrong father?" Hinako questioned as she took a sip of the floral tea.

"Guess what his highness has sent in his letter?" Geun-Tae asked the smirking, "What?" Yun-Ho questioned as she nibbled on the red bean mochi, "A proposal."

Ever since the festival last month when King Soo-Won had visited and proposed for a mock battle, it seemed that Geun-Tae had a huge change of perspective on the new King. From what Hinako could tell he didn't seem like he was a a huge fan of him at first but now all he did was praise King Soo-Won.

Not that Hinako minded of course, King Soo-Won really seemed like a kind person but then again so was King Il. From a normal perspective King Il was a kind person but from the perspective of a citizen of his kingdom he wasn't a good ruler.

Hinako had first hand seen it, for the sake of peace he ignored everything that was wrong in his Kingdom not knowing about the hardship faced by the common people.

On that ground Hinako respected King Soo-Won, Under King Il's rule the Earth Clan was close to ruins but recently in just a month under King Soo-Won's rule the economic development was beyond astonishing.

"He's offering to increase our military might, invest in Yun-Ho's tea garden and even send men to help out at the Udo mine," Geun-Tae explained the smirk not leaving his face, Hinako looked at him surprised as Yun-Ho gasped, "That's such a great news!"

"But does he want in return?" Hinako questioned as she looked at Geun-Tae, Hinako may not look it but she was perspective and from what she had noticed about the king he didn't do anything without an ulterior motive.

Geun-Tae's smirk increased, well Hinako was his daughter she was bound to notice that this wasn't a proposal the King had sent from the goodness of his heart, "In return he want's Hinako's hand in marriage."

Hinako's mind blanked as Yun-Ho gave a delighted gasp.

"Our sweet Hinako will get married to the King?" Yun-Ho questioned happily as she gave the younger girl a huge hug, Geun-tae shook his head, "Makes you wonder doesn't it?"

"What do you mean dear?" Yun-Ho questioned calming down a bit, "Marriage is an important discussion, why didn't he come in person?  If he has time to go touring around surely he could spend some of his time to an important aspect such as asking a girl's hand in marriage, but he isn't here..."