Chapter-16

●⎯⎯⎯ ❈✽✽✽❈⎯⎯⎯●

SOO-WON SIGHED AS HE repeatedly tapped the tip of his quill against the table, General Joo-Doh groaned loudly as he shut the map he had been analysing

SOO-WON SIGHED AS HE repeatedly tapped the tip of his quill against the table, General Joo-Doh groaned loudly as he shut the map he had been analysing. "That's it, your highness I can't take it anymore!"

Soo-Won snapped out of his daze, "What are you talking about General Joo-Doh?" Joo-Doh groaned before rolling his eyes, "This is the tenth time you have sighed in the past hour, it's quite distracting so just get it off your chest, what bothers you?"

"Pardon me General Joo-Doh, I didn't mean to be a bother," Soo-Won apologised, sweat dropping. Honestly the blonde himself didn't realise he had been doing that until Soo-Won pointed it out. "So what is it?"

Soo-Won blushed before he reluctantly answered, "The thing is, it's been about 6 months since my marriage to Hinako and I wanted to give her something but I just have no clue what to give her..."

Joo-Doh rolled his eyes, "That's it? I genuinely believed for a second that you were having a life or death situation." Soo-Won shook his head, "But you don't get it, Hinako doesn't care for materialistic gifts, which just makes it harder. Sure she'll accept any gift I give her, but what I truly want is for her to like it."

"Then give her something realistic," Joo-Doh said nonchalantly, Soo-Won tilted his head in confusion, "You said it yourself that she doesn't like materialistic gifts, then give her something symbolic or something like flowers."

Soo-Won's eyes lit up, "You're right I should do just that! Honestly, General Joo-Doh, for a man who isn't married, you give excellent advice!" A tick mark appeared on Joo-Doh's forehead, "Just because that idiot Guen-Tae is your Father-In-Law doesn't mean that you have to talk like him."

Soo-Won simply grinned before something hit him, "Actually, If I remember correctly you were the one who recommended taking Hinako to AshiKaga and now this, you seem to know quite a lot about her..."

"Well there were talks about her becoming my fiance for a while before you sent your proposal," Joo-Doh said nonchalantly, "Oh she was to be your fiance...What!?" Soo-Won repeated before he realised exactly what the Sky clan general had said.

"You-Hinako? But why-What...How-Who-WHY?!" Soo-Won demanded uncharacteristically flustered, "What do you mean why?" Joo-Doh questioned off handedly.

"Why as in when did this happen and why wasn't I informed?!" Soo-Won questioned, Joo-Doh rolled his eyes, "It happened about a year before you were crowned King and you weren't informed before this wasn't such a big ordeal."

"But it is! General Guen-Tae hates your guts with passion, why would he give you-His sworn enemy his precious daughter that he openly dotes on?" Soo-Won was seriously getting bent out of shape.

This time Joo-Doh smirked smugly, "Because even a fool like him knew what he had to do to ensure his daughter's happiness." Soo-Won furrowed his eyebrows, "Pardon?"