Chapter-10

●⎯⎯⎯ ❈❃❃❃❈⎯⎯⎯●

HINAKO'S EYEBROWS FURROWED as she sat up straight, the room was dark with only the moonlight reflecting in

HINAKO'S EYEBROWS FURROWED as she sat up straight, the room was dark with only the moonlight reflecting in. She turned to her side to groans and grunts coming from Soo-Won, though because of the darkness she could quite see him.

Standing up she went outside and bought a lit lamp.

Placing the lamp next to the futon , Hinako's looked worried at Soo-Won for he was groaning and grunting, his fac reflecting pain and he continuously apologised to someone. 

"Soo-Won?" Th brown haired girl shook him but he didn't respond his face scrunching up even more, "SOO-WON!" The said man sat up with a gasp, his face coated in sweat as he looked around startled.

"Are you ok?" Hinako questioned the blonde, Once his eyes landed on her Soo-Won's breathing laboured as he nodded slightly. Quickly standing up Hinako reached towards the water glass next to the futon before handing it to Soo-Won, helping him drink it.

"I just had a bad dream," Soo-Won mumbled placing down the empty glass.

It was true that Hinako hadn't know Soo-Won long enough to tell how he was like, but from what she had observed he exhibited a calm, cheerful demeanour most of the time, sure he had his mysterious moments but seeing him like this...so vulnerable was just unsettling.

Suddenly Hinako stood up making Soo-Won look up at her, "Give me a minute," In a frenzy Hinako marched out of the room and returned a while later with a tray.

Soo-Won watched curiously as Hinako placed down the tray filled with a few herbs, a kettle of warm water and a tea cup. 

"I'm making you some herbal tea that will help you relax you mind," Hinako told him as she crushed the herbs before adding hot water to it, "Tea like Lay Yun-Ho?" Soo-Won questioned speaking up for the first  time.

Hinako shook her head slightly, "Yun-Ho makes floral tea, this is herbal tea with restorative and soothing properties. Back at the Earth clan I learned about all kinds of herbs and their properties, I can even safely say that I make decent healing salves and herbal tea."

Pouring the tea in the tea cup she handed the glass to Soo-Won, the young king blew it slightly before taking a sip of it, Hinako watched amused as he made a face, "It's bitter."

"It's not a refreshment," Hinako reminded him as Soo-Won drowned the rest of the tea rather reluctantly. Taking the empty glass from him Hinako placed it on the tray before placing the tray at the corner to take out tomorrow.

"What's wrong?" Hinako questioned as she turned to see Soo-Won was still sitting frowning, "I don't want to sleep," The blonde admitted making Hinako frown too, "What else do you want to do?"

Soo-Won looked thoughtful for a while, "Let's talk the whole night!" Hinako looked at him baffled, "Huh?"

"I don't want to sleep and your awake! So lets talk!" Soo-Won forced her to sit down before he leaned against her side. Hinako looked at her side to see as Soo-Won started talking, something about sweets.

It was partly amusing, with Soo-Won doing all the talking until he ended up sleeping on Hinako's lap, snoring away, "Let's talk all night, huh?" Hinako hummed amused looking at the snoring child on her lap.

Shaking her head slightly slowly Hinako moved him, making him sleeping the correct position. Soo-Won snored softly as his blonde hair that had been let out of his ponytail fell softly over his face, foreshadowing it.

Gently Hinako moved the stray strands aside before she leaned forward and softly pressed her lips against his forehead, "Goodnight," Hinako mumbled before she too laid down and closed her eyes, drifting off to a dreamless sleep.

✤✤✤

Warm rays of sun cast through the window falling upon the pair, Soo-Won shifted slightly before opening his sea blue green eyes to adjust when the first beam of sunlight hit his face.

When his blurry vision become clear, Soo-Won saw a mop of brown beside him, his eyes widened when yesterday nights events came back to his mind as an acid flashback. 

That was right he had a nightmare where he had actually succeeded to killed Yona and Hak...A nightmare where he was never going to see his childhood friends again...Not that it mattered now because he had already betrayed their trust, Soo-Won couldn't stop now, he needs to-no he has to bring Kouka back to its glory.

Suddenly his eyes landed on the women that was curled up against him, some point last night Soo-Won ended up wrapping his arms around Hinako because right now they were a tangled mess.

Soo-Won was lying on his side both his arms around Hinako, one around her back and the other around her waist, his legs were tangled with Hinako's as her hands were firmly pressed against his chest.

His eyes then landed on the brown strands pooling near her neck, the handmaidens words suddenly flashed in his mind. 

'Guess King Soo-Won isn't the type who mark's his Lady.'

Heat flushed Soo-Won's neck, cheeks and the tips of his ears, slowly his hand that was around Hinako's waist moved towards her face cupping the back of her neck as his thumb brush her skin where he could feel her pulse.

Soo-Won gulped slightly as he moved his face closer before softly placing his lips on her skin, just where his thumb had caressed her pulse. 

Soo-Won could feel Hinako's laboured breathing and yet all he could hear was the blood pumping in his own heart.

As if he had been struck by thunder Soo-Won pulled back, slowly unravelling himself from Hinako, he buried his face in his hands out of embarrassment.

What the hell was he thinking?

He looked back once again at the women who made his heart burn for some reason, unlike him who was disturbed Hinako seemed fine, still asleep.

Soo-Won had never in his life felt this way, not when he used to hold Yona's hand when she slept or not even when used to be with her and yet when Hinako was just near him he felt his body malfunction.

Shaking his head slight, Soo-Won stood up, maybe he just needs a warm soak right now...

●⎯⎯⎯ ❈❃❃❃❈⎯⎯⎯●