Chapter-14

●⎯⎯⎯ ❈✽✽✽❈⎯⎯⎯●

TWO FIGURES WALKED DOWN the road towards the town festival, "Are you sure this is ok?" Soo-Won questioned as he glanced around, Hinako lightly scoffed, "Your highness aren't you the same person who sneaks off rather often?"

The Blonde blushed, red tinting his cheeks, "You noticed…" Hinako chuckled, " It isn't hard not to, besides you wanted our last night here to be productive right?"

Now if they thought that AshiKaga looked beautiful normally, the sight of the town decorated for the festival was simply mesmerising.

The area was crowded with people moving in all directions. The air was filled with the scent of grilled meats, sweets of candies, the enthusiastic yelling from vendors, the sound of children cheering when they succeeded in winning a prize, and laughter from people enjoying themselves. 

The sight of all the lanterns in front of the stalls gave the atmosphere a warm glow, making it seem like this was a scenario straight out of a fairytale. 

Hinako munched on a cotton candy was her eyes wandered around various stalls, Soo-Won on the other had only had his eyes focused on the women next to him, He loved how her eyes sparkled with excitement as she led him to different stalls. 

The pair soon found themselves in front of a booth that had multiple fishes with beautiful white, gold, and black scale patterns swimming gracefully in their tank.

Soo-Won handed her a scooper lined with thin paper and a bowl he had just purchased. "Let's try, shall we?" The brunette nodded her head, taking the equipment from his hands. She slowly dipped her scooper into the water only for the water to dissolve the netting. 

Hinako glared at the scooper as if to say "you're the one who screwed up not me", Soo-Won chuckled at her reaction and purchased a new scooper for both of them.

"This looks easier said than done." He chuckled,  After a couple more tries and a couple of ryo lost, Hinako and Soo-Won left empty handed laughing at how unlucky they were.

"I don't understand, how could scooping up a couple of fishes be so hard??" Hinako complained, Soo-Won chuckled at her pouting, "Who knows maybe the stall keeper changed the normal fishes for ninja fishes,"The blonde teased. Hinako gave him a look, "Hilarious Your Highness."

"Pardon me kids but are you two a couple?" An older lady walked up to them, before Hinako could even complete nodding, the woman whisked her away leaving behind a dumbfounded Soo-Won.

"Huh?!"

"Kaede whisked her away, Eh?" An older man approached him, when Soo-Won nodded still in shock, the man chuckled, "I apologise, my wife's in a rather hectic mood. You see she's the one incharge of organising the festival, worry not your wife's fine."

It was then Soo-Won learned that Mr and Mrs Hitomi were the descendants of the few families that founded this village.

Mrs Hitomi, Kaede, was incharge this time around and she had dragged Hinako to be a part of the festivities, and thus assured Soo-Won that his wife would soon be returning to him.