Chapter-8

●⎯⎯⎯ ❈❃❃❃❈⎯⎯⎯●

FOR SOME REASON THE SITUATION around the Castle started to get tense, Hinako had an inkling suspicion that maybe they were preparing for war

Soo-Won spent the last week locked up in his office with only Adviser Kye-Sook and General Joo-Doh by his side. It didn't help that a few days ago her father visited and when he left...let's just say he had the grin he usually wore when he used to tell her stories about his glory during war.

Her suspicions were of course confirmed when she saw the soldiers gather up in the courtyard all ready for war and the horses were lined up too. Though Hinako didn't know what to think of the Horses painted to look like tigers.

Walking into the room she shared with Soo-Won, she looked at him surprised to see the said king pacing around.

"So you guys are going to war," Hinako mused walking in as Soo-Won hummed acknowledging her presence, "More like defending ourselves..."

Hinako arched a confused eyebrow as Soo-Won elaborated, "General Soo-Jin as joined forces with Sen Province's and now they have launched a coup d'état against me, in short they are coming for my head," Soo-Won told her as if he was announcing that days weather.

Her eyes widened in shock, "How can you say that so nonchalantly?!" Hinako demanded marching up to Soo-Won who looked at her rather surprised, "Well the counter measures have already been placed and if everything goes well we'll be victorious."

Hinako looked at him with a from etched on her face when suddenly her eyes lit up as she took Soo-Won's hands in her's, "Oh I remember now! In the earth clan it's an ancient tradition! Two rituals are performed by the wife when her husband goes to battle...Can I?" She asked the last part shyly.

Soo-Won blinked before nodded, a grin stretched out on her face as she ran out of the room signalling that she'd be back in a minute, was this women frowning at the though of him going to battle a few moments ago?

A minute later she returned with two yarns, a blue one and a black one. Pulling Soo-Won towards the vanity table she placed the blue yarn down before grabbing his hand and wrapping his wrist with a string of the black yarn.

"It is said that Black is the colour of protection and safety, it is tied around the husband's wrist by the wife to show that she is with him, sharing her strength," Hinako explained tightening the thread around his wrist not realising what her words were doing to him.

Hinako then grabbed the blue thread and wrapped it around her own wrist, "And blue is the colour that symbolizes faith, asking the person wearing it to have faith that her husband will return to her."

Hinako then cut of a small string from each yarn and intertwined them, "When you return we just remove the thread and intertwine them like this to show that we both played our role."

Soo-Won examined the thread around his wrist before looked at her curiously, "What happens when the black thread bearer doesn't return?" Hinako sent him a sad smile, "Then the thread's are burned..."

The atmosphere suddenly turned somber, Soo-Won felt guilty so he changed the subject, "You said two rituals...What's the second one?" He watched surprised as suddenly her cheeks flushed and she avoided eye-contact.

"Well the second one, its...." Soo-Won shrugged, "If we are doing the first one might as will do the second one." Hinako looked at him unsure before she finally caved in gesturing him to lean down.

Confused the King followed her orders, though he was pleasantly surprised as she place her lips against his cheek before pulling away. His eyes wide, Soo-Won gently grazed his finger tips where Hinako had kissed him before a grin stretched his face, "Yeah I think I'll be just fine."

"Lord Soo-Won!" Hinako exclaimed covering her face with her face as Soo-Won chuckled at her flustered state, Yeah he was going to be just fine...

✤✤✤

The water from the sprinkling can felt to the soil, moistening it as Hinako stared at it in a daze. Two days had passed since Lord Soo-Won had left for battle, this morning a letter had arrived via Gulfan, Lord Soo-Won's Hak that battle had been victorious and that they would be returning that day.

The castle had been in a frenzy preparing for their return. Medics were set up near the soldiers quarters as some of them were injured. Of course their main priority should be the king but Soo-Won in his letter mentioned how he was unharmed and requested the medics to be stationed for the soldiers.

Suddenly the sound of the opening of the Hiryuu Castle gates were heard, quickly placing down the water can, Hinako dashed towards the gate.

There he stood just as he had explained in his letters, completely unharmed, Lord Soo-Won. General Joo-Doh and The newly appointed General Kyo-Ga, but Hinako was most focused on the blonde king.

Soo-Won who had just gotten of the horses looked directly at her before his face broke into a smile, "I'm Back," he called out as Hinako grinned running up to them, "Welcome home!"

"General Joo-Doh, Lord Kyo-Ga," Hinako bowed to the two, who returned her bow before she looked at Soo-Won who already had his eyes on her.

Excusing himself from the two general Soo-Won grabbed onto Hinako's wrist before he started walking towards their room.

Walking in Soo-Won turned towards her and held up his arm, showing off the black thread around his wrist, "Guess it worked," Hinako grinned at him before she held her's up too, "I'm glad."

Soo-Won then held his arm up to her, "Here removed it, don't you have to intertwine it with your?" Hinako nodded her head and reached to remove the thread when her eyes landed on his palm.

"Lord Soo-Won..." Hinako held his hand upturned in hers, "What happened to your palm?"

●⎯⎯⎯ ❈❃❃❃❈⎯⎯⎯●