Chapter-2

●⎯⎯⎯ ❈❃❃❃❈⎯⎯⎯●

HINAKO ADJUSTED THE SIDE of her dress as she looked at herself in the mirror, it had been exactly a month since Hinako had agreed to marry King Soo-Won

HINAKO ADJUSTED THE SIDE of her dress as she looked at herself in the mirror, it had been exactly a month since Hinako had agreed to marry King Soo-Won. The very moment her acceptance letter had reached the palace, preparations begun.

During the course of the month Hinako felt different emotions. Another thing that bothered her was how since her marriage was fixed not once had she met king Soo-Won, she understood his predicament though, he was the new King after all.

But it was still odd to say that she had only met her would be husband once, though they did exchange a few letters.

If it wasn't already clear today was the day she was going to be getting married.

Hinako along with Geun-Tae and Yun-Ho had arrived to the capital a day before and Adviser Kye-Sook greeted them along with General Joo-Doh, and as luck had it the two generals ended up arguing at the front gate.

General Guen-Tae was then escorted to meet with King Soo-Won and when Hinako tried to go Yun-Ho stopped her saying it was considered as a bad omen for the bride to see the groom a day before the wedding and so Hinako never met him apart from when he visited two months ago.

"You look absolutely breath taking, the king is sure to fall in love with you at first sight," Yun-Ho said as she did a dramatic twirl gesturing to Hinako who smiled at her sheepishly, "Well this would actually be our second time meeting..."

"Those are all minor detail," Yun-Ho waved her off making Hinako chuckle.

The door to the dressing room that Hinako had been provided for the time being burst open startling the two women inside, Hinako turned towards the door to see Geun-Tae, standing there nice groomed.

Like always women were taking too damn long to get ready and so Geun-Tae burst into the room stopping short when his golden eyes landed on Hinako. 

Geun-Tae's mind felt foggy, he looked forwards to see a four-year old version of Hinako looking up at him. Hinako used to be a short, pale-skinned girl with large brown oval-shaped eyes. Her short brown hair used curled inwards, and her fringe was just above her brows.

"Father!" The four year old version of Hinako cried before his mind cleared up and right now in front of him stood his 17 year old daughter, all dolled up.

Hinako was dressed up in a white Japanese styled dress with golden embroidery on it. Her brown hair was now pulled up in a fancy bun and a tiara was placed gently on top of her head. Geun-Tae could even see traces of makeup on her usually bare face.

"Father?" Hinako questioned tilting her head, this time Geun-Tae felt his eyes get foggy as he quickly wiped away his tears, "It's nothing I just got dust in my eyes!"

Hinako's brown eyes widened slightly as she stepped forwards embracing him tightly, Geun-Tae returned the hug stroking her hair.

Once General Geun-Tae had gathered himself up, He and Yun-Ho stood on either side of Hinako gently hooking their arm through Hinako's. She felt them both squeeze her hands simultaneously as soon as they stepped out of the rooms.

Slowly and steady the trio walked down the hallway and towards the end of it where he stood.

King Soo-Won had his back to them as he stared at the huge doors in front of him, beyond these doors people from the capital along with the five Clan and their Generals stood waiting to see the King tie the knot.

"King Soo-Won!" General Geun-Tae's voice boomed in the empty hallway, the King slowly turned towards them his eyes widening a fraction when they landed on Hinako before he gave his full attention to Geun-Tae who suddenly bowed down startling both Hinako and Yun-Ho.

 "Please take care of my daughter." The earth clan's fierce leader said softly.

"Please General Geun-Tae hold you head high for I promise that I will take good care of your daughter," King Soo-Won assured his voice strong and sincere, before a small a huge smile graced his face, "I'm willing to pinkie promise if you'd like."

"Is it still late to back out of this proposal?" Geun-Tae asked with an annoyed smile, before Yun-Ho ushered him away as Hinako smiled at them sheepishly.

Once they were gone Hinako turned back towards Soo-Won to notice that the young King was actually observing her. King Soo-Won was a tall young man with soft, delicate features. 

He had sea green-blue eyes and fair skin. His dark blond hair that extended slightly past his shoulders was tied into a side ponytail using a gold ornament. His bangs were parted down the centre, and some strands were longer and wavier than the normal cut. He was dressed in the royal yellow robe that is usually worn by the kings and he even had his Crown on.

Red tinting her cheeks Hinako looked down at her hands away from Soo-Won.

Suddenly another hand entered her vision, Hinako looked up to see King Soo-Won holding a hand out to her, "Are you ready?" The young King questioned a semi-serious look on his face.

Hinako looked at his hand, no she wasn't ready, the very thought of what her life was going to be here after scared her but she took a deep breath and nodded, gently placing her hand on his.

Soo-Won gently tugged her forward making her stand next to him. The young King then proceeded to laced his fingers through hers gripping them tightly as the doors opened.

With that the pair took their first step towards a new life together.

●⎯⎯⎯ ❈✽✽✽❈⎯⎯⎯●