S2 P11

"Travis are you sure you want to do something for our anniversary?" Sal eyed his lover.

Travis nodded. Though, in reality, his mind was elsewhere.

His mind has been elsewhere for quite a while.

Travis had deep, dark, eyebags under his eyes. Most the time he's gone from work than at work, but he's been staying up, doing work anyways.

Travis would do anything to not sleep. Somehow, the nightmares have got worse. Sal would let Travis take his sleeping medication when Travis needed to sleep, but it never helped.

Now it was just blood. Blood, death, screaming, tears. It was horrible.

Every time Travis even dozed off, he would see the person leaning against the tree, watching him.

Travis never told anyone about that.

"Travis- Travis? You were spacing off." Sal waved a hand in front of his boyfriend.

Travis blinked out of his daze. "I'm.. I'm sorry Sal. Shit. I've been horrible lately, haven't I?" Travis glanced at his worried lover.

"What? No! You've been having nightmares, Trav. Don't blame yourself." Sal gently grabbed Travis' hands and held them in his.

Travis tried to smile. "Thanks.."

Sal nodded. "But, love, are you sure you want to do something for our anniversary? We don't have to-"

Travis shook his head. "No- No, we'll do something, we can go out to the lake. Just the two of us."

Sal sighed. "Alright.. But if you ever want to come back home-"

Travis groaned. "I'll be fine. Stop worrying so much."

Sal nodded again, and opened the fridge to grab some snacks.

~~~

Laughter filled Travis' head. But it wasn't a good laugh, it was a murderous laugh.

Travis opened his eyes. He was face to face with, nothing?

But it wasn't nothing.

It was him.

The man by the tree

Was he a man, though?

Travis didn't know.

All he knew, was that he was nothing, but yet something. He was laughing.

Hysterically.

What was he laughing at?

Travis noticed that something(someone) was behind the man(?)

He walked around the man and saw it.

Sal was laying on the floor(darkness) in a pool of blood.

The man(?) Was laughing next to Travis. Or was it behind? Or infront? Travis didn't know anymore.

~~~

"Travis. Wake up." Sal gently shook Travis awake, yet he still jumped up and looked around frantically.

"Did you have another nightmare?"

Travis nodded.

"Trav.. You should go to a hospital about that." Sal stared at Travis.

"No. I'm fine. It'll be fine after awhile. I'm just stressed is all." Travis combed his hand through his hair.

They both knew Travis was lying. He would always say it would be fine after a while. It's been a month.

Sal slowly nodded. "Well.. We're here, ready?"

Travis shrugged, "I guess."

They both got out of the car and grabbed some stuff from the trunk.

~~~

"Happy anniversary, Sal." Travis glanced at Sal and smiled.

Sal smiled back. "Happy anniversary. It's not perfect but.."

Travis laughed. "But, we're not perfect either."