Part 12

It appears that everything went as planned, and Gorou will teach Kuki how to dance. However, the only thing is that Gorou will have less time to spend with him than before. Recently, he has started getting the habit of biting his nails when Gorou is not around. It makes his stomach burn. He knew this was not natural anymore, so he decided to call grandma Oni after all she raised him, so she should know.

— Hello! Gran, what you are doing? —

— Itto! It's been a while since we've heard from you. When are you planing to return to the shop for another meal? It has been a while since Toyua needed additional help, and the high season is approaching. We would appreciate any help you could give. —

_Sorry about that I haven't gotten time, the season will soon start, so I don't have any time. Well, either way gran, do you have time? I need to ask you something.-_ Oh... Yes, I do. what's wrong Itto? Having a hard time with someone?-

— Kind of, I have this person who's exceptional to me, but I get this horrible feeling when they are with someone else and I...I.... I know that is not jealousy because I have experience it before at some kind of level, but this is much aggressive. since you raised me and Takuya, I thought you might know? —

— I did raise you both and both of you are Oni, so I think I might know what you are referring to. Itto you need to hear me out on this, you need to be meticulous with these feelings this the Oni inside you that can be damaging. So please listen to this tale I will tell you. In old times, Yokai were feared for their job was to kill people with an unpure soul and to keep the pure souls alive. So, to prevent more massacres, maidens were sent to marry the Yokai and so there would be no more killings. Oni was the one who caused the greatest fear of them all. Compared to their husbands, these wives were killed, even though they were seen as monsters. People began to make a sport of them, killing them to show the Onis what they were capable of, to scare them. They captured the wives of the Onis to keep them from hurting the village, but it had the opposite effect. The Onis destroyed the villages. With this began the Oni curse. Once an Oni found their perfect maiden, they became extremely protective of them. With it, the Oni became obsessive over their maidens so that no harm could be done to them.

This might be why you are feeling this way. Looks like you found your perfect maiden. —

He was in shock after hearing this, this explained everything as well as the dream he had is jealousy now had sens it was not stupid possessives it was a course. but, was it not already having an effect on his relationship with Gorou? He has seen his scared face on the library when they started dating, but thereafter, he had been closer to him than ever. He needed to confirm this. The best way possible was toking directly to the origin.

— Thank you, gran! Have a fantabulous day! — He hung up without hearing her goodbye.

He hurried and went to their dorm and waited for Gorou there, so he could gather his thought and ask the best way possible because his head was all over the place.

Gorou was tired and wanted to take a bath after all Kuki appear to be not as adept as she seems when it came to dancing as she was a fast learner in other matters dancing was nothing near that. He had to be honest with her and tell her that she was terrible at it, so their session will be longer and more frequent than they had planned. He was able to perceive that she was not blissful with this setback, but she still had the desire to learn. Once he arrived he discovered Itto pacing around the room, it was fun to watch him with this his stress lower, and he felt at ease. — Itto, what are you doing? — He stopped – O me nothing, just thinking. Looks like you got me. Sooo, how it went with Kuki? — He walked over to him. — Well, you were right. She is a horrible dancer, but I give her prop for trying. But I am more curios of what you were thinking about. It looks serious. — Itto scratch his head. — Look, I have a confession, and it is something that might impact our relationship but, I want to be honest with you. — Itto bend on one knee too, so both could be almost at the same high. — I spoke with my grandma, and she told me that me as an Oni can be truly possessive over a partner this is something that comes with my bloodline and because of history Oni had to lean to be overprotective with a partner. If you haven't noticed already, but I did and on the day of the library I noticed that you were scared, and I felt horrible, so I wanted to tell you this. You have the option of continuing with the relationship that we have, or returning to been roommates as well, if you want you can leave —He sat on his bed and realized that this was something that was serious. Itto was not lying about the incident, but he was able to see that though this might be something that could break them apart, he preferred honesty above all. This was something he appreciated. — Itto... Thank you for your honesty, I really appreciated this and don't worry this might be troublesome, but we can work with it. I as well have a confession. That day, I went to the library to study, but because I noticed this jealousy rising, I ended up studying more about you, so I in a way already knew about this. I will not lie, I did get scared, but at the same time I felt safe because I knew it was you. I will always feel safe around you, regardless of what you do. This is because of things like this. So don't worry, I am not going anyway. — Itto relaxes himself by placing his head on his thighs.