|30| • Amelia

I couldn't get last night out of my head!

Every time I saw something which made me recall yesterday, goodness, even a glass cup, I was reminded of Everest, of the way he held me, the way we danced. Was it even safe for my weak heart to go think about when we kissed? Oh my gosh, was this alright? Us being so intimate with each other while we weren't even dating? I felt guilty about that, but it was soon overshadowed by the giddy feeling that bubbled inside me. 

Right after the kiss, I was a stuttering and mumbling mess. Thankfully, we didn't stay for the after-party. Everest drove me home, and I'd been glued to my bed, trying to process what had happened. He told me about his past, we danced as though we were the bride and groom, not only that, but we ended the night with a kiss! Was that what one called a passionate kiss? Oh goodness, gracious, I had no idea! All I knew was that my entire body burned as though I had a fever. My heart palpitated whenever I remembered his voice, his words...his lips.

"No, no..." When did I become so illicit in thoughts? Whining, I dug my head deeper into the pillow, if that was even possible, to hide my embarrassment and heated cheeks. "I was the one who initiated it even!" When I remembered telling him about how I wanted to kiss him, I let my intrusive thoughts win. He seemed to like how his eyes lit up at my words. He just watched, waiting for me to make a move. And I did.

"When did I become so bold?"

I huffed, wondering out loud. This was different from when Darrick kissed me. I could hardly use my words to describe it without backing out because of how easily flustered I'd become. I even felt his tongue! My face warmed even more. Darrick, right...when last did I speak to him? Ever since our kiss, things had been quite awkward. Sitting up from my bed, I checked my phone to see Everest was online. My lips subconsciously went into my teeth as I began to nibble on them.

Were things going to be tense between Evie and me now?

I didn't want it to be, that was far from what I wanted. When my phone vibrated, I almost tossed it to the floor in shock. Did Evie know I was thinking of him? Gosh, were my thoughts so loud? My heart began to beat faster. Did he want us to meet again? I know I said I wanted to, but my face couldn't take the heat! I was surely going to melt at this rate. 

Taking a deep breath, I took a peep at the message, when I saw the first letter of the sender, relief left me in a sigh, and then surprise settled in. "Darrick?" I repeated, opening his message immediately. What was that phrase again? Speak of the devil? Not like he was the devil or anything! Hovering my thumb over his name, I finally decided to read his message. I missed Darrick. I cherished when he was my best friend when I could tell him stuff and we'd giggle about it all day. I missed his soothing forehead kisses. And I absolutely missed when I didn't align his actions with the fact that he was 'in love' with me, rather, his intentions weren't pure.

I frowned at the thought.

If I could go back to that night when he asked me to kiss him, I wouldn't. I'd have hugged him instead, told him of how much I didn't want our friendship to be ruined. Dear God, I hope it wasn't. 

'Hey, Amelia :) I miss you...do you want to hang out?' 

My heart leapt in joy at his request. So my feelings were reciprocated. He missed our friendship as much as I did. Jolly! Quickly, I sent him a text about how I'd love to and he asked to meet at our favourite spot. Which was the bakery we used to go to, the same bakery I met Everest for the second time. The man I happened to meet just a few months ago had become this important to me, what a funny world.

Deciding on a casual look, I settled for a pair of grey sweatpants and a fitted black top, the platform crocs gave me a few inches advantage. Leaving my hair the way I packed it yesterday, I accentuated my eyelashes with black mascara. Call me silly, but I didn't want to lead him on with any suggestive or fancy attire.