|85| • Amelia

As I came out of the taxi, I straightened the thigh-length gown; the oversized sweater drooping on my elbows down to where the gown reached. It was the girl's night out today — as Binta and Kaji had put it. We decided to meet at a bistro several miles from downtown.

"Thank you," I called out, closing the door to the taxi. The elderly man offered me a tender smile followed by a nod before his car pulled out of the driveway so he wouldn't cause any traffic. The famous 'calm' atmosphere was felt from where I stood. The bistro was coated with light blue paint, causing it to stand out in the line of establishments. 'Julian's Bistro' it read from the outside. The sign was hard to miss.

Looking down at the chunky sneakers Everest had gotten me months ago; a smile stretched my lips as I thought of him. He told me he'd be going to the Mechanic shop today to discuss some things with Abel. Intrigued, I tried to get more information, but he only chuckled, saying I would know eventually. Rolling my eyes, I looked up from the sneakers.

Fine. I'd believe him.

Tucking a braid behind my ears; I made my way into the bistro with a smile of anticipation. Kaji had messaged me a few minutes ago, saying she and Binta were already there and Binta threatened to order without me if I didn't show up after five minutes.

It was well over five minutes now.

Giggling to myself, my hands pushed against the glass door, the enticing scent of food intruding my nostrils before I could look around. Nice tunes played from the large stereo at the back of the room, the interior indeed deserved some accolades. It had a classy yet homey look to it, the seats arranged in a way that allowed you to move around freely.

Squinting my eyes in search of Kaji and Binta, my lips lifted in a smile when I saw the pair. Binta was already sipping on a milkshake from what I could see while Kaji laughed at something she'd said. Her blue streaks on her dreads were fading now, she did say she wanted to dye them another colour for a change. 

Walking over with my purse, it took a few steps to be in listening range of them. "I think he's thoughtful honestly, I bet she's going to be crying all over the place at the beach-"

"Amelia! It's nice of you to finally show up!" Kaji cut her off hastily when she locked eyes with me. Grinning, I opened my arms to hug her. Binta stopped talking, looking over at me before getting up as well. Kaji's hands held my shoulders as she gave me air kisses. "It's good to see you," I said with a grin of my own, turning to Binta who was half glaring, half smirking. "You're late, sunshine."

"My bad. There was a bit of traffic today." I say, hugging her as well. Pulling out the third chair, I scooted into the table with a smile. It had been a minute since I'd seen them both together. The more I stared, the more I realized how the two shared similarities. "I missed you guys, how've you been?" My words were accompanied by a giggle, barely able to contain my excitement.

"You look better than the last time I saw you, honestly. I take it you and a certain someone are on good terms again." Binta said with a smile. The last time we saw, Everest and I weren't talking. Waving my hands, I tried to forget about it. That was something I didn't want to happen again. "Yeah, yeah. We are amazing now."

"I bet," Kaji uttered lowly with a smirk of her own.

"Guys! This is a no-boys zone! I want to know about you two, not men." I snarled playfully. It wasn't every day I got to see them.

"Even if Kaji met someone?" Binta's words caught me off guard, a gasp leaving my lips in shock. Whipping my head to the culprit to see if this was true. Kaji groaned, sinking into her seat. "Binta! I said not to tell her yet!" What?! She didn't want to tell me? "That's not fair! How come she gets to know but not me?!" I sassed, glaring at the two. Binta raised her hands in surrender.