|46| • Amelia

I don't think Papa was happy when I told him I was going to be staying over at Evie's tonight. His text didn't show any emotion but I'd known him long enough to see the hidden feelings through a simple text.

What made me make such a decision you might ask?

Well, to be fair...Binta made me do it!

Okay, all she did was mention the idea and my mind took it to a whole new level, I began to imagine what it would be like to spend the night at his house. He was my boyfriend now, so it would t be awkward, right? Honestly, I missed him dearly. I wanted to hug him and cuddle with him until the moon unravelled from behind the clouds.

After such an imagination, of course, I was going to ask!

I was practically shaking like a leaf when I asked him, Binta was my witness — and not a very sly one as she snickered at me until I was done with the conversation. Her teasing only added more heat to my cheeks, I felt as though my head was going to burst when she told me to use contraception.

I wasn't going to have sex with him!

I mean...I wouldn't mind kissing him and being more intimate but...

Okay, no. I wasn't going to lead my poor mind on. Admittedly, I'd changed out of two outfits before I decided upon this one. It was a casual meeting, right? I didn't need to wear jeans or a dress. I settled with cotton shorts and a fitted white top. Paired with the cute brown sandals that Abel had gotten for me. Did I look too comfortable? I mean, that was the plan.

"You look fine," Binta smirked, giving me a sideway gaze. Gosh, of course, I was being obvious about my thoughts, this was the second time I'd drawn down the mirror to inspect my hair and face. I blushed, sheepishly closing the mirror in the car.

"Okay..." I'd been caught, how embarrassing.

"Besides, from the looks of it, he's pretty much obsessed with you." She said casually. Dear dear, she shouldn't utter such words so freely! Her heart had picked up to three miles per hour! I couldn't Imagine Everest being obsessed with me, would he smoulder me in kisses? I mean, I wasn't against the idea—

"—Binta! Don't put ideas in my head!" I whined, lightly shaking my head. The latter grinned before bursting into laughter. Clearly, she found my being flustered hilarious. "Oh my, I didn't realise you were an overflow of hormones." She teased, pushing my shoulders with her free hand.

My eyes widened.

Was she insinuating that I was—

"Binta!"

"Amelia!" She whined after me, her voice going a pitch higher. I scoffed, sticking y tongue out at her. "I'm just nervous! Not...you know what." I poured, crossing my arms against my shirt. Binta gazed at me, her dimples showing as she smirked.

"Gosh, your innocence is adorable." The girl said.

Huffing, I looked out of the window. I said I'd come by nine, though I wasn't sure when he'd be through. I simply hoped he wouldn't get too carried away and forget. The thought of being stood up pricked my heart. The last time that happened, I didn't take it lightly, I even shed a tear!

"Don't worry Sunshine. I'll be there until I see you go in" I found her words comforting. Giving her a smile, I wiggled my eyebrows in an attempt to lighten the mood I'd dampened with my overthinking. "Where have you been all my life?" I ask in a singsong manner, making her laugh.

"In Paris."

I gasped, "You've been to Paris? How romantic!"

She snorted, "Barely, I grew up there before flying down here for my high school education. My brother is still there though, he says he doesn't plan on leaving, especially now that he found a woman that tickles his fancy." Oh right, she did tell me about her older brother, Zebec.