|49| • Amelia

So this was Evie's new apartment.

His apartment was on the third floor, at first glance you could tell it was a spacious one. The living room was wide and connected to a dining area, the kitchen being to the right of it. I was about to take off my shoes seeing how glossy the vitrified tiles were, but he said I shouldn't — it was my home anyways.

Goodness, this man said such flattering things with a gentle smile while my heart palpitated as if I'd just run a mile. Evie took me around, it had three bedrooms, one being a guest bedroom. The master bedroom where he was staying was huge, it could easily fit two people — not that I was thinking of moving into his own room! But I mean...cuddling in that soft-looking king-sized bed wouldn't be bad.

"This is lovely." I huffed out, how could he pay for this? Was he really that well-off? He even still offered to pay my tuition to Gaston's Culinary Dream. Hah, I felt like a leech. Were girlfriends meant to enjoy such luxury? I smiled sadly, turning to face Evie was pulling off his flannel, leaving the fitted black top on his body. It hugged his biceps, clinging to his hard chest and abdomen. My hands itch to at least feel it—

Amelia!

Goodness!

"Yeah? You like?" He asked hopeful, a smile on his lips. This made me giggle. Somehow I thought I was involved in his thought process when picking out this apartment. Nodding, I moved closer to him slyly. Rocking the balls on my feet.

I was in his home, we were now alone. There was no Saffron, no Abel, no Papa. Gee, this was a tad bit weird. As if reading the expression on my face, his hands moved to cup both sides of my waist pulling me closer. "Hey, what's wrong? You don't like it?"

I snapped out of it. How couldn't I like this beauty? Nervously, I wrapped my arms around his shoulder. "I do, silly! I'm just...nervous actually." We were close, his forehead inches from mine as he bent. "Nervous? Why?" Everest asked, clueless. Was I really going to be living here if I got into culinary school? I and Evie? With no one else?

"I..." I didn't know how to put it, nibbling on my lips, the only thing that seemed to help right now was being close to him, feeling his warmth. So I hugged him, pushing myself against his chest. He seemed taken aback by my sudden action but hugged me tighter.

After what seemed like a minute, I felt myself being lifted off the group. "Evie!" Where was he taking me that I couldn't walk to?! How easy was it to lift me off the ground? He did it so effortlessly! Clutching my legs to his waist, I hid my face in embarrassment, feeling like a little kid.

"I'm not going to drop you, you know?" He chuckled, sounding amused. "You better —" "Evie!" I was cut off by my own squeal when he twirled us around, my body almost disconnecting from his. I squeezed my grip on him tighter. This time, he laughed. "Not funny!"

"C'mon baby, trust me." Glaring at him, I pouted my lips, not wanting to kiss the floor with my teeth. "You fit so well in my hold." He told me, his voice gentle. My legs were still wrapped around his waist, hands steadying on his shoulder. "Soft too," Everest said, caressing my waist and hips before giving it a poke. "Evie!" I squealed, I was ticklish! The man hummed innocently, doing it once repeatedly.

"I'm going to fall! Stop!" I giggled, trying to get out of his grasp by wiggling but at the same time holding into him so I wouldn't fall. He was quite tall! Hence I was quite off the ground!

"Evie!" I whined, feeling water well up in my eyes, my head hot from laughing. "I never knew you were so ticklish." He was enjoying this, the look on his face said it all. "P-please!" We were now on the bed, he had taken off my sandals and hovered over me, his dangerous hands going over my body. I was almost out of breath. The swats I attacked him with did nothing but motivate him.