|77| • Amelia

When class ended, I felt myself being dragged out by a stronger pair of hands. About two days passed after the storm, and I made sure to mark out the dates so I wouldn't forget to go for therapy. Class was interesting, but that nudging feeling in my gut made it almost impossible to enjoy the class, whenever I stared down too long, I'd begin to feel sad all over again. No...sad wasn't the word, it was more of a longing feeling.

Back to the hand dragging me, I groaned, trying to snatch myself away from the stronger grip. I knew it was Raul, who else would snatch me away immediately after class? I still wasn't ready to speak with him, I didn't even want to be in the same batch as him anymore. His presence taunted me. "Enough!" I yelled when we reached a more quiet place outside. I was planning, rubbing my arm before glaring at him. Raul had a frown of his own.

He was frowning at me?

I scoffed, grabbing the handle of my bag on my shoulders before turning my heel so I could leave whatever he was trying to do. Raul grabbed my wrist before I could. "Wait, Amelia. Wait already." He huffed, seeming frustrated. What did he want? Why wouldn't he just leave me alone? If this was about Kaji and Arnold not talking with him, it was between them, not me!

My gut twisted, it was like a constant reminder that Evie had gone. As time passed on, that stinging feeling was a more numb one. I missed him badly but I couldn't do anything about it. I wanted him to come back, and I couldn't take this any longer. My lips trembled as I let out a sigh. "What?" I gave up, his grip was firm on my hand.

"Amelia," Raul started, calling my name again. I didn't want him calling my name. Frowning, I looked at him, waiting for whatever he wanted. Impatience began to grow in me as the silence swelled. "What? Can I leave now?" I snapped, getting frustrated myself. Raul huffed, running his hand through his locs. He tugged on it, closing his eyes for a second. Not wanting to repeat myself, I simply narrowed my eyes.

"I'm sorry, for real this time."

And? What could I possibly do with his sorry?! Would it bring Evie back? Would it make me any less regretful? They were just words. Nevertheless, I nodded, wanting this to end sooner. "Okay, I've heard you," I said. He sighed, "Don't just hear me, please forgive me, Amelia. Not...not being friends again is hurting me." He whined -- at least that was how his words sounded. I glanced at him, surprised at his words. Friends? That word was beginning to make me cringe.

"If it's forgiveness you want then yeah, I forgive you. It was my fault as well." It was true, as much as I wanted to, I couldn't keep blaming him when I had something to do with it as well. My words seemed to make him smile, if I turned to leave would he obstruct me again? I gripped the handle of my bag, waiting for him to turn instead. "So, friends...?"

His request made me chuckle, a humourless one.

"You never wanted to be my friend, Raul. So no. We're not friends."

His eyes widened a bit, "Amelia-" Clenching my teeth, I stepped away when he moved closer to me. "Can I go now?" I asked, time wasn't going to wait for me, I had promised Abel I'd visit today, and I needed to reach there before it was dark. I didn't have time for this, whatever this even meant.

"They aren't speaking to me because of you, Amelia. The least you could do is help me out."

I glared, "They aren't speaking to you because it was their choice, not mine. Don't stop me." I gritted, quickly turning away to leave. He called out to me but I kept walking. I meant what I said, I did forgive him, I just couldn't bring myself to do anything but that. He'd have to take whatever he got.

It didn't take long before I got on a bus going to the apartment. I would have to pack up some clothes before heading to Papa's place. It was after I'd dropped down that I realized I had taken public transport back home, unlike other times where I'd have to wait for Kaji to take me. I smiled a bit, feeling all the more independent. Jogging up the stairs, I made my way into the apartment, being greeted by the fragrance I'd put around the room.