Chapter nine

The group had woken up early and had everything set up and ready to go Severin had made a quick breakfast for the group consisting of clam chowder and apple dumplings. As the group sat at the bench in the dining room they discussed the plans of how to best tackle the task at hand. " Okay since we are primarily retrieving Lianya's sword along with killing this web mother described in the bounty I think we should go with stealth first get in see what we are dealing with if it's just a bunch of spiders we'll just take them out from a distance so none of us end up getting poisoned" Gentu said softly. " I've actually been in cronvangr cave before it's practically a giant spider nest I should know because that's where I got Arachnia from a vampire camp in a hidden room. And I can tell you that place is crawling with frostbite spiders." Severin said as he finished sharpening his daggers and sheathing them in the holsters on his hips. " Actually I took the liberty of making a bunch of cure disease potions for everybody so there's five per person." Sabrina said as she handed small bundles of cloth to each one of the group as the group nodded the risk of poison now being less of a concern. "All right but first things first we need to head to the local blacksmith to get these two some basic equipment." Ebon-shi said looking at the two with a gentle smile " I will be fine, if I get in danger I'll simply cast a snow cloak or I'll use my ice magic to get me out of a tough spot. also, my brother has his two Falmer War axes and Firstblade, he is also the champion of Namira so he's all set." As if to make a point Salazar raised a pair of Falmer War axes. " yeah I was amazed by your ice magic yesterday, you are definitely a lot better at it than I am" Asadelf said softly as Lianya looked up at her. " What do you mean? Can you not use ice magic?" Lianya inquired as Asadelf blushed and scratched the back of her head. " The last time I tried to do ice magic I ended up freezing myself, I can use flame and shock magic just fine but anytime I try to use ice magic I always end up freezing myself." Asadelf admitted softly with a small chuckle. " I'll tell you what, if me and my brother do end up joining your group permanently, you handle fire and lightning and I'll handle ice." Asadelf looked up giving her a smile and a nod. As the group stood up and left Hjeim they immediately headed towards Windhelms front gate walking down the long stonebridge and going over to the stables to retrieve their horses along with buying two more for their new teammates. Climbing up onto their horses they headed south of Windhelm into the foggy groggy swamp of the rift. Within an half hour, they were at the front of the cursed spider-infested cave as Severin had called it. Looking at each other they all give a nod and entered the cave immediately after entering they all crouched with Lianya, Myra, Gila, Shadow-step, and Severin taking point due to them being the ranged attackers of the group. " By the nine, how many spiders can one cave have?" Grumbled Gila as she drew her glass bow of the stag prince from her back followed by LIanya pulling off Aureils bow, Severin pulling out his daedric crossbow, Myra pulling off her silver crossbow and Shadow-step pulling out his Nightengale bow. "Boss I see twelve below us three on that ledge over there and at least twenty on the ground floor down there." Gila said as Asadelf stepped forward and Gentu immediately got in front of the group pulling up Spellbreaker and putting up a ward to protect the group as Asadelf cast unbounded storms and unbounded fire together the lightning striking the frostbite spiders that were on the ledge and below while the fire turning into a tornado mixing with the lightning and taking care of a big portion of the one on the ground level " All right go go go!" Asadelf yelled as the group charged down to pick off the stragglers. Gentu stayed back with Asadelf as Myra, Gila, Shadow-step, Lianya, and Severin perch themselves on overhangs to take out opponents from a distance as the assault team broke off from their Phalanx tactic and started crushing, beating, or slashing the irritating eight-legged annoyances. " HAHAHA, WHO WANTS FRIED SPIDER IN A STICK WITH MELTED CHEEEEEEESE!!!" Suvvan yelled as he smashed a spider in the face with Nerveshatter the Amber spikes of the hammer digging into the arachnid's exoskeleton as he pulled the spiked hammer out and began laughing like a maniac as he began beating on it. After clearing out the main nest of those arachnids they regrouped before following the path down a spiral leading to even more spiders. Gila let out a low growl as she started getting irritated by the absurd number of spiders in one place. Sabrina let out a pissed-off cry of fury as she charged towards the spider's duel wielding her twin scimetars Bloodscythe and Soulrender while Asadelf cast a custom soul trap spell she especially developed for dealing with crowd control. Sabrina began slashing the spiders to pieces and cutting them into bite-sized pieces their souls being sucked into the empty soul gems Asadelf and Lianya had in their bags. Sabrina now covered in spider blood as she eyes the group with a clearly pissed look on her face. " Shall we go, and does anyone have a bottle of wine or mead?" Sabrina asked as she washed herself off in the pond the group caught up as they entered deeper with Severin tossing Sabrina a bottle of Nord mead and taking point. Severin's crossbow was drawn as he peaks around the corner shooting a small frostbite spider in the back and quickly retrieving the bolt then reloading the crossbow then immediatly shooting another as Shadow-step uncovered a chest hidden behind a wall of webs and put the gems and other valuables in his pouch as they enter that main chamber and froze at the sheer size of the Web mother.