chapter forty two

As the crew left the College of Winterhold they walked down the bridge and past the gate where they encountered Faralda and walked down passing a burned house on their left a homestead on their right continuing forward passing Birna's oddments and deciding to do a favor for the group while they were right there entered the Frozen Hearth Inn to look for any bounty work to take care of while they were in Winterhold. Once they walked up under the porch and open the door the warm draft from the burning fire on the inside brushed up against them as Lianya, Salazar, Tully, and Myra went in while the others decided to remain outside to keep watch just in case of any unwanted trouble. As they walked in they approached The innkeeper behind the counter passing a few patrons including the local Jarl who mumbled and anti-mage remark what's the group didn't even dignify with a reaction. As they walked up to the innkeeper while Myra talked to the innkeeper the remaining three kept their backs to the wall and watching the room making sure no one could blind side their comrade while she was talking with the innkeeper who was a short-haired blonde nord male that greeted Myra respectfully. "Welcome to the Frozen Hearth Inn, I'm the innkeeper Dagur what can I do for you today?"

"Yes sir, me and my friends were wondering if you had any bounty work you needed taken care of

"Yes sir, me and my friends were wondering if you had any bounty work you needed taken care of." Myra spoke in a calm yet respectful manner much like she did with Birna as she spoke with Dagur. "Hm, as a matter of fact we do not sadly, since Winterhold isnt doing so well out income is nearly bone dry aside from travelers who come through here to visit the college." Dagur said as he passed a serving of baked potatos and grilled leeks to a patron sitting at the counter with a serving of water. "Of course they go to that college, they all do. Those mages are responsible for the great collapse, yet they still deny it, Winterhold would be better off if that college disappeared!" The Jarl who was a reddish haired nord shouted.

" And Furthermore, it seems gold is more importent to Dagur then honor, letting college members and elves stay here, have you no shame?" Jarl Korir berated Dagur as Myra rolls her eyes as the Jarl storms out with his son heading back to the longhouse

" And Furthermore, it seems gold is more importent to Dagur then honor, letting college members and elves stay here, have you no shame?" Jarl Korir berated Dagur as Myra rolls her eyes as the Jarl storms out with his son heading back to the longhouse. "Sorry about him he has a chip on his shoulder because of the college." Dagur said in a sympathetic manner sorry his patrons had to watch such a scene. "Well mr Dagur, we will be around Winterhold for a while we may come by in the morning to check in and help out around the city." Myra said as Dagur nods and offered them some mead for the road on the house but instead Myrapaied far a few rounds for everyone and left a generous donation for the polite nord. as they left Salazar's quick reflexes caught a rock that was thrown by the Jarl's son who was shouting racial and anti-mage slurs he picked up from his mother and father. "Begone magic users, father says your kind are why Winterhold is empty!" the Winterhold guards crowded over and pulls the boy away. As the group was walking back Tully walked up and put his hand on his cousins shoulder since he knew better than anybody that what that boy had just said was a major touchy subject. " I would advise we not tell the boss about this, given how he reacted to the jarl of Dawnstar, if he meets this guy and his brat he might actually kill them." Gentu advised due to being in the Longhouse with the boss at the time. As they got closer they saw three individuals talking with Ebon-shi outside with Yamma and Sabrina nearby in case things went south as they got closer to listening range the ebony armored dunmer turned his head giving a nod of greetings to them as he continued his conversation with the three in front of him. " I see so you wish to see Winterhold returned to its former glory but you do not believe the college is responsible for the collapse?" Ebon-shi asked as the Nord wearing the full set of Nordic carved armor with the legendary Wuuthrad, Nordic sword, and the Shield of Ysgramor spoke.