Chapter twenty four

"It's great to see you again Burguk, It's been three years how have you been?" Yamma asked as Burguk and he shared a brotherly fist pound with Yamma towering over the orc chief by a good two feet. "Things have been good here in the stronghold, although not too long ago I heard of the struggles of Largishbur and Chief Yamarz's weakness, and then I hear stories of a behemoth of an orc redeeming the once great stronghold by conversing with and becoming the champion of the great Malacath." Burguk said in a teasing brotherly manner as Yamma chuckled "I and my friends have brought a gift for your tribe brother, I do hope they are to your liking." Yamma said leading Bulguk to the wagon connected to Gentu's dwarven horse and pulling the cover off revealing to Burguk the surplus of orcish weapons and armor. " In the name of Malacath these are the work of a master, tell me did you make these yourself?" Burguk asked as Yamma shook his head and patted the dwarven armored breton's shoulder. " I forged them, yes, but then Gentu refined and enhanced them beyond normal standards, We are Smith brothers." Yamma explained as Burguk nodded and praised the two for their masterful work as Burguk's forge wife's son pulled the wagon inside the wall. Yamma and Burguk talked and caught up while the rest of the group decided to investigate the dwarven tower that was called Reachwind Eyrie next door to Dushnikh Yal. Gentu entered with Severin, Lianya, and Salazar. To their surprise, the tower was empty aside from a few dwarven parts scattered around the top of the tower on a desk with a dwarven metal chair in front of it with a journal that caught Gentu's attention. As he sat at the desk and read the journal his eyes widened under his dwarven helmet. " By the nine, I can make some of it out but maybe Calcelmo in Markarth can help me translate this." Gentu said as Severin opened the door that opened up to a balcony with a dwarven chest and another dwarven chair. overlooking the stone brick road they were on earlier however there was a huge blindspot which if they made shelter here they would be easy targets Although being next to an orc stronghold would act as a natural deterrent it still wasn't a good risk to take. Gentu put the journal in his satchel as he nodded to the small group as they walked back over to Dushnikh Yal to see Burguk and Yamma circling each other with their fists up. " Yo boss, what's going on here?" Gentu asked as Ebon-shi who was leaning against one of the legs of the watch tower spoke. "Just a brotherly fist fight, the two of them decided to brawl for a while like they used to." Ebon-shi said with a low chuckle as the thunderous echo of fist to bone rang as Burguk skidded back holding his bleeding mouth with a smile. " You truly are worthy to be the champion of lord Malacath, my brother. " Burguk said as he gave Yamma a brotherly punch in the shoulder letting out a hearty laugh. Sabrina and Myra were over with the stronghold alchemist wise woman of the tribe trading with her the miscellaneous items as Gila dragged over the bear she shot earlier as the orcs took it to their processing hut with Gila following to learn new meat and hide processing techniques while still holding her side. Gila observed the orc butcher as he expertly skinned and gutted the bear tanning the hide with salt and smoking the meat while dry tanning the hide in the sun but rubbing the slaughterfish heart along the inner skin. " Slaughterfish heart? I've never heard of using it to tan hide with." Gila said as the orc butcher chuckled light-heartedly. " The oil in slaughterfish meat has a unique property, when rubbed onto hide it makes the hide more durable yet flexible which makes it easier to make bindings and other things out of." the orc butcher explained as Gila nodded "Thank you for sharing this with me, ill make sure I use this in the future, would you like some help cooking the meat? I know a trick to eliminate the gamey taste that bears meat is infamous for." Gila said to the butcher who looked curious as Gila rammed a pike from the bear's rear end and out its mouth and put the bear on its back then cut up garlic, leeks, carrots, and smeared melted butter along the bear's insides then using homemade twine stitched the bear carcass's stomach back up and slowly helps the orc carry it out to the bonfire in the middle of the stronghold and the butcher as Gila suggested rotated the roasted bear from side-to-side as the captivating smell drew the entire stronghold's attention as even the orc chief Burguk's mouth was watering a little. " By the nine what is that incredible smell?" Burguk asked as Yamma chuckled "That would be Gila's masterful cooking." Yamma said while Gentu walked over and talked with Ebon-shi "What did you find Gentu? Will it be a suitable place?" the dunmar asked as Gentu shook his head. "No it's too small, however, I found a journal that may point to an undiscovered dwarven ruin that I am gonna take to my fellow dwemer expert Calcelmo in Markarth. but first finding us shelter for the night should be priority number one." Gentu said as Ebon-shi nodded in agreement. "I'll tell you what, we've been meaning to expand the stronghold's walls, if you help us expand you can stay in the stronghold." Chief Bulguk said as the gang talked about it before agreeing and getting to work because taking down walls left the stronghold vulnerable Severen and Sazalar perched on high rocks keeping watch as the combined effort of the tribe and the gang had the extended back wall in a few hours. just as the bear was done. The stronghold broke out the supply of wine to not only celebrate the expansion but new allies as well. The group set up their bedrolls as all 14 slept that night.