chapter thirty six

(Gentu pov)

As I rode on my dwarven horse along with Yamma, Shadow-step, and Sabrina at my side we made our way towards the dwarven ruin of Mzinchalift as we rode down the hill facing a watchmen. he was a bandit nord with fur armor and a steel sword in his hand. The platform he was standing on was elevated with a single chair facing us with a single table with a unlit lantern sitting on the corner of the table. Before we could order him to relinquish the stolen item a swift dwarven arrow struck him between his eyes before my eyes could lock on what fired it all I got was a glimpse of a flash of bronze that jumped over the ceiling I could hear the bandits on the other side of the wall shouting before all going quiet. We checked the body for any signs of the stolen item coming up short as we made our way into the hallway before taking a sharp right. All the bandits that were over there were dead some had dwarven arrows embedded in their bodies others were slashed into pieces. Straight ahead was a single long table with a mead barrel, two wooden plates, a lantern, and one chair on either side of the table hugging the side of the wall were crates and a single chest I walked up as Shadow‐step opened the locked chest only to find it was empty. "Seriously who locks an empty chest?" Shadow-step grumbled as we made our way back through heading down there were a flight of stairs leading down along with two pathways the elevated to two towers on either side along with a single cooking station on the right. Sabrina took one path and Shadow-step took another, a few moments later they returned Sabrina carrying a single dwarven bow which was obviously the most valuable thing on her side that she could see meanwhile Shadow-step had a few bottles of potions of true shot. We reconvened and went down and entered the ruins of Mzinchaleft. Immediately as we entered we spotted two wagons filled to the brim with dwarven items such as cabinets, shelves, and even a single dwarven spider. The air and there was thick due to the steam coming out of the copper pipes and the escaping steam clouding the upper part of the room close to the ceiling as we went further down there was a single dwarven guardian sphere dead on the one side of the room as we took another left we saw a large bonfire cooking spit in the middle of the room with a single chair and a table in the corner closest to our left on the other end of the wall was a wood cutters axe and a log made to cut firewood and more bandits slaughtered. We continue to further down the path taking a sharp right evading the narrow debris coming across another dead dwarven sphere that was cut in two as we talk a sharp left heading down we had to watch our step because we can tell distinctly that there was Ice nearby in the room immediately to our right we saw a room with a archery target along with multiple barrels, a single table, some more fur armor, and a single unlocked chest along with a boiling pot. As we entered the next room we saw an open door to the immediate right we flooded in seeing four beds, a single dwarven chair, and a dead dwarven spider on the table. Nothing else of Interest so we exited out of there and made our way further down coming into a large room finding more bandit corpses coming down the hallway where there were two dwarven shelves next to some benches taking a right we found more dwarven shelves lining the walls as we continue to forward we found the body of a dead dwarven centurion who's dynamo core appear to have been ripped out as we continue to deeper down we came to a hallway that had piston like protrusions coming out of the walls we continue deeper down and we found the item we came to look for coincidentally enough it was a monogrammed steel war axe which I picked up and put it in my bag before we were about to make our way out before I decided on the spot to take a quick detour since we were already in one of the four dwarven ruins that went down to Blackreach. " hey guys while we are here you want to head down all the way and commendeer the lift?" I asked the group before they nodded clearly curious to I smiled as I moved directly forward once we were all on I pulled the lever to the dwarven lift taking it down to the lower depths. As we exited the lower depths we found the bodies of the dead falmer along the path the lower levels were flooded as we made our way through we took care to avoid stepping into any traps. We eventually came into what appeared to be a conference area littered with the bodies of dead falmer. We continue down a dimly lit corridor which must have been hollowed out taking care to avoid a sling trap shaped like claws as we continue down the glowing mushroom lit corridor we eventually returned to the dwarven civilization remenents and we were face to face with a lovely fountain in the middle accompanied by a bunch of falmer huts as we went up some stairs we came into a large corridor where we found the bodies of both falmer and dwarven spheres making our way up the stairs we eventually entered the gatehouse. Once inside the brightly lit corridor and we rounded the corner our eyes saw a single man taking on a dwarven centurion, the man in question wore a complete set of dwarven mail armor that was the light variant of the dwarven armor I wore.