Chapter twenty five (part one)

{Gentu pov}

I left my two dwemer experts to their research as I went into the ruins of Nchuand-zel. as a personal favor was asked of me by my good friend Calcelmo and his nephew. Because I've been in these ruins before and I know how volatile they are I sent the rest of the group back to our makeshift headquarters using one of our specified hand signals as I walked through the dwarven door I entered the ruin passing a wagon full of dwarven parts and metal artifacts such as dwemer struts, solid dwemer metal, dwemer cogs and other small dwarven trinkets some that could be melted down into dwarven metal ingots, and some however that couldn't. As I took a left down the hallway I found where the mining party was, and I immediately saw what was causing the blockage a couple of large frostbite spiders. I crouched on top of the ledge after I jumped onto a stone pillar before pulling off my dwarven crossbow off of my back before studying my aim I wasn't nearly as good at archery as my peers, but I could at least hit what I aimed at. As if the divines themselves had blessed me my dwarven crossbow bolt pierced the arachnid right between the eyes and dropped it dead I even collected its soul in a soul gem as a bonus immediately I used the soul gem to recharge my dwarven crossbow as I jumped down and walked through the tunnel as I came into another large room I saw more spiders in the corner smirking to myself I replaced the dwarven bolt that was in the crossbow with an exploding dwarven fire bolt I shot the flaming dwarven bolt between the two spiders causing the two to explode and there exploded body parts flying all over the room. I circled around making sure I didn't miss any before coming into another large room covered in spider webs I could see the dwarven door across the room and as I entered I saw a large shadow of an arachnid on the ground as I looked up a monstrously gigantic frostbite spider had dropped from the ceiling I realized that this must have been the large frostbite spider Calcelmo told me about the one called 'Nimhe'. I shot an exploding dwarven lightning bolt at the spider, but it literally shook it off like it was nothing before charging at me I quickly did a back roll into the narrow corridor where it was too big to fit in and when the large spider tried the only thing that accomplished was it trapping itself. I smirked at the golden opportunity and slid my right foot back to brace myself for what I was gonna do. I shouted into the mouthpiece of the visage of Mzund activating the Breath of Nchuak bellowing a scalding jet of steam at point black range causing the head of the arachnid to turn red from the intense heat. the intense pressure blasted it onto its back as I rushed forward pulling my dwarven warhammer off of my back and slammed the head into its ugly face I kept slamming the hammer down until its stitching legs stopped moving and I walked up the stairs to the large dwarven door as my eyes looked at my dwarven warhammer, I must have been abusing it too hard as the head was cracked and breaking apart. This hammer had served me well for a long time perhaps it was time to retire my trusty hammer, I know full well I could easily repair my hammer If I needed to but I'll decide when whatever happens does. I sigh and focus on my task of retrieving Aicantar's apprentices who went on an expedition into the ruin but haven't reported back. My task was simple, find them, if they're alive bring them back, if they're dead bring they're notes and tell where theyre bodies are. I entered through the door into a large cavern crawling with the savage falmer I sighed in an exasperated sigh as I needed some reinforcements, I pulled my Aethereal Staff off of my bag and pointed it at the ground as a dwarven spider spawned next to me and drew the falmer's attention as I crept around them putting the staff on my bag as I pulled out Spellbreaker and Sundar. i then slammed the one-handed hammer into the back of a falmer's head as the dwarven spider followed me as we walked across the bridge with the lake-sized body of water underneath I made my way to the first door I saw which was to my left looking at the dwemer writing this place was the Nchuand-zel quarters. I mentally and physically brace myself and enter the door closing it behind me as I walk down a narrow dwarven hallway and peek around the right corner I see a falmer not even five feet away from me, my dwarven spider brilliantly drew the attention of the savage creatures as I silently pulled off my dwarven crossbow and fired a dwarven bolt killing them before they alerted the others that could be skulking nearby. I followed the pathway as it branched off going straight and a stairway on my right led down since I'd be coming back this way I went straight and turned the left corner to see a falmer wielding a falmer staff I didn't know what element but I soon found out as the creak of my dwarven armor must have alerted the falmer skulker to my presence as the staff shot lightning at me I barely dodged by diving and rolling forward pulling Sundar off of my hip and slamming the head of the hammer into its face as it dropped to the ground dead. i took the falmer lightning staff for Asadelf to give to her later as I pressed forward. I found a locked gate that I picked with some difficulty I sighed as Shadow-step would have had it open in an instant. I peered around the corner and my jaw nearly hit the floor as five falmer were guarding the doorway and my dwarven spider vanished. I wish I could forge my own sentinels that are completely sentient but follow orders to the letter. I made a mental note as I deployed my dwarven drone fly from a carved-out section on my dwarven armors left pauldron to act as a decoy.