chapter twenty one

As the morning sun rose upon the pine forest of Falkreath the morning rays shined upon the wreckage of the nordic ruin where two bodies were found the first one being the body of the bear speared through the heart its limp body lifeless beneath it lay Gila barely alive. Blood loss, multiple injuries, and exhaustion had taken their toll. She moved the bear's limp body and backed away groaning in pain as she bit her tongue and limped outside retrieving trollsbane and horksbane then reentering the ruin she started chipping away at the stone ceiling to get it off of her prey once the stone crumbled to pieces as she pulled out her dagger the fang on haynekhtnamet and skinned the bear and pulls the broken branch from its body before placing the bear's tattered hide on a rock as she started feeding on the bear's flesh within hours and the sun was looming over the surrounding pine trees. Soon as the sun seemed to dim the aspect of Hircine himself appeared on top of the shattered stone "Well met once again hunter, you have impressed me with your performance. You didn't use the brute strength of the werebeast, nor did you rely on hiding, you demonstrated the quick thinking and cunning of a true hunter. you learned that if you are not strong enough to kill the bear, use the bear's strength to kill it. You have earned a fitting reward for your service to me. Look down at your hand." The aspect of Hircine gestured his hand to the once broken branch that she had speared the bear with. The snapped pine branch was replaced with a smooth solid piece of wood from one of the trees in Hircine's hunting grounds its shaft was decorated with the bear's pelt for enhanced grip and durability the spear was double-sided with the larger end sporting a traditional spear tip on the opposing end was a three-pronged harpoon end for fishing. " lord Hircine, this is incredible. I'm honored." Gila said as she held the spear firmly in her hand bowing her head as the aspect of Hircine vanished. Gila went out clasping trollsbane and horksbane to her as she went to retrieve the rueful axe head and the dire wolf corpse. She was surprised when the dire wolf's body was gone but hanging on a Y-shaped branch, the dire wolf's fur was fashioned into a hood that was resting on the branch, a gift from Hircine. Gila puts it on and limps back to the cracked tusk keep holding her side as she struggles to remain conscious from the pain and open wounds. When she entered the keep she collapsed from her injuries as Gentu and Sabrina helped her inside since the group had split up at daybreak to find her with Gentu, Asadelf, and Sabrina staying behind in case she came back. Once they got her inside Asadelf fired a fireball into the air as a sign to the others who were out searching for Gila that she was back and to return. Gentu carefully laid Gila on her bedroll before using his healing magic to try to mend her wounds carefully stitching the three deep gashes on her side he could deduce that she had even worse internal injuries and by judging by the way her body was angled he assumed she had at least a few broken ribs probably a sprained back as well as her ankle was twisted at an unnatural angle as he carefully put a splint on either side of her foot to act as a brace to make the ankle bone mend itself into place. About twenty minutes later the rest of the group arrived and swarmed Gila who was still unconscious from her injuries and exhaustion. They placed her stuff nearby so she could access them whenever she woke up but for the time being she remains unconscious. "What's her condition Gentu?" Ebon-shi asked and his usual calm tone, although it was clear he was worried about her, he was trying his best to keep his cool. "I already used grand healing on her to patch up her external injuries but her internal injuries are a whole other matter. I estimate at least three broken ribs, a sprained back, and a broken ankle. I don't think she'll be able to fight properly for at least two weeks." Gentu summarized as he gave his report to the boss who nodded but then spoke "Knowing Gila as well as we do, I can already tell you that she will not let these drawbacks slow her down. Even with her lycanthrope blood and natural healing factor. It's still going to take her a while to recover. Yamma approximately how far is Bilegulch mine?" Ebon-shi asked as the orc spoke up. If we leave at the crack of Dawn will be there by sunset assuming we don't run into any unwanted problems." Yamma said as Tully spoke up. " We can't move out while she's unconscious so I advise that we stay here until she wakes up once she does we can evaluate her condition and go from there." Tully said as the group nodded as they spread out doing their own thing. After a few hours, Gila woke up and slowly sat up as Gentu carefully helped her lean her back against the wall. " Everyone Gila's awake!" Gentu yelled as he was shocked watching Gila force herself to her feet and grab the dire wolf fur and uses her spear to steady herself as she trudged her way to a table despite the searing pain her body was feeling Gila stubbornly forced herself to finish her work as she put the skin on her.