Newborn

Hearing the first cry from your newborn baby made your eyes snap wide open, the pain you experienced only seconds ago instantly forgotten. You were panting, exhausted, as you felt a pair of lips placing tender kisses on your forehead. You looked up to see Taehyung’s relieved face, his eyes filling with tears, happy to see that you were no longer in excruciating pain. His hand squeezed yours, the same one that he held all the way through your labour, comfortingly, and you sent him a lazy smile. He returned the smile while wiping your cheeks that were wet with tears, and looked into your eyes, the eyes that were filled with fear only moments ago. But the look in both yours and his eyes showed the pride and love you had for each other. You had made it, Tae by your side and your healthy baby boy successfully delivered.

Your newborn was placed delicately onto your chest, your arms quickly wrapping around the bundle of joy. Tears of happiness replaced the tears of fear and pain that painted your cheeks earlier, your mouth hanging open in absolute awe. Meanwhile, Tae was quickly wiping away his happy taers in order for him to see his beautiful son clearly, he didn’t want his tears to blur his vision. He was bent over the bed, an arm around your shoulders, leaning you into him.

"Tae," you whispered. He hummed in response, both yours and his eyes on your precious baby. "This is our baby, I can’t believe it," you said, more tears making their way down your face.

You heard Tae laugh a little then sniff, and he tightened his arm around your shoulders once. You looked up at him seeing his glistening and wonder-struck eyes and you smiled. This was your little family. He looked into your eyes and his boxy smile was on show, making his eyes smaller, letting the trapped tears he was trying so hard to keep in escape. He leaned down to place a firm and loving kiss on your lips, then rubbed his nose with yours.

"Would you like to hold him?" you asked, quietly.

He breathed out shakily, feeling scared and excited, and replied, 

"Okay." His voice was quiet.

You carefully manoeuvred the newborn, who made little noises from being disturbed, into Tae’s arms. Tae’s eyes were wide, his lips parted in his infamous pout (I hope you know the one I mean), making you giggle.

"Wow," he whispered, "he’s so tiny."

His eyes observed every little detail of his little boy, his tiny nose, his pink lips, his closed eyelids which he knew held the galaxy behind them. 

The sight before you was one you’d never forget. Tae’s big hands cradling your babe and his face showing the love he had for his child that you knew would last his whole lifetime. 

Tae looked at the baby’s miniature hands and he couldn’t wait for those little fingers to grasp one of his. He placed one of his fingers under the baby’s hands and watched as it clung to his finger. You saw how his eyes lit up and his mouth opened wider, smiling.

"Y/n, he’s holding my finger!" he whisper-yelled.

You laughed with him while he sat down on the bed beside you. Your exhaustion seemed to catch up with you as you felt your eyelids getting heavier. Tae seemed to notice, but before he could let you drift off to sleep he wanted to express what he wanted to say.

"Y/n-ah." His deep voice caught your attention. "I wanted to say that I am so thankful to you for providing us our little family. Thank you for letting me love you. And I promise to protect you and our baby boy forever. I promise I’ll make you guys happy."

You smiled, hoping it would show the amount of gratitude and love you had for this man as you felt too tired to speak.

"Can I send a picture to the guys?" His eyes filled with excitement.

"Of course you can," you said, your eyes slightly slurred from exhaustion.

"Sleep baby," he said with his hypnotising voice.

You must have only been asleep for a few minutes, but you were awakened from the constant sound of a phone vibrating. You looked to your side to see Tae still holding the baby.

"Taehyung? Is that your phone?" you said sleepily, the sound of your voice made his eyes dart to you.

"I’m sorry did it wake you?" He sounded guilty. "Sorry I’ll put it on silent, it will be the guys," he said, reaching for his phone.

"You’re not going to answer them?"

"You guys are more important," he said, smiling and looking directly at you, making your heart swell.