Happy Birthday, baby

You were excited. Yes you were excited. You tried to keep telling yourself that but you couldn't deny how nervous you were in that very moment.

You stood by the counter in your bathroom, waiting for the results of the pregnancy test you had just taken. The last couple of minutes you had spent staring at it wondering why the time seemed to tick slower.

Last night, you and Tae were celebrating his birthday with the boys. It was going great until you had started to feel nauseous in the early hours of the morning, so you decided to go home, allowing Tae to stay with the boys at the dorm to sleep there instead. It had been happening for a while so you decided you'd take a pregnancy test.

The beeping of the timer made you flinch and clutch your chest, cursing the phone out. You inhaled and exhaled slowly, preparing yourself. Positive….the results were positive! You bopped up and down, squealing, happy tears pooling in your eyes. You stopped and gasped dramatically as an idea popped into your mind — this was a perfect additional present for Tae.

-

The sparkly gift bag, which contained the test and another gift, was in your hand as you walked to the boys' dorm. As you waited at the door after ringing the doorbell, a rather bedraggled Jin opened the door, squinting at the daylight.

"Jeez Jin, how much did you drink?" you said, trying not to laugh.

"Ah well...uh not that much," he replied as he stepped aside letting you in.

"Is Tae still asleep?" you asked, hardly containing your excitement.

"Yeah, like a baby."

You laughed slightly at his choice in words and headed to Tae's bedroom. Opening the door, your eyes settled on his sleeping figure hugging one of the pillows. You giggled at his pouty lips and at his hair that was sticking in all sorts of directions. You placed the gift bag on his bedside table and stripped down a little just so you could be comfortable in his bed. Picking up the duvet, trying your best to not wake the big baby, you got in beside him, hugging him from the back. You felt him stir.

"Tae, wake up," you said softly, placing butterfly kisses along his shoulder and neck.

Tae rolled over slowly, looking at you with half-open eyes.

"Y/n? When did you get here," he said tiredly, his voice deep and words slightly slurred from sleep. Before you could answer, Tae had wrapped all of his limbs around you in a vice-like grip making it very difficult for you to breath.

"Agh—Tae—let me breathe!" 

He did as you said thankfully and you could actually hear a mischievous giggle from him despite how tired he probably was. So you poked his ribs in revenge, earning a grunt from him.

"Tae, I got you more presents," you whispered excitedly and you noticed how wide his eyes had gone.

You grabbed the gift bag handing it to him as he sat up, the childlike excitement never leaving his face. He picked up the first gift which was a small black box, carefully undoing the silver ribbon which bound it. He opened the box and smiled with his eyes, in awe of what was inside. Inside was a Polaroid from every date you two went on. He looked at each one, studying them, laughing at the ones where you both had derpy faces in them.

"Thank you," he said softly before leaning in for a kiss sitting back up afterwards. He looked in the bag again, delving his hand in and picking out a longer box this time. Your heart started to thump harder from the nervousness that had suddenly overcome you. As he opened the box his eyes went wide again and he covered his mouth, no hint of a smile anywhere and you wondered if you had made the worst decision in your life.

"Holy sh—" he turned his head to you, eyes still wide, "I'm gonna be a dad?" 

And just as he said that, tears coated his eyes, making their way down his cheeks. Seeing him emotional made you emotional too and soon you were wiping your own tears away.

"Are you happy?" you asked tentatively.

Instead of speaking, he nodded his head vigorously, caving into your body and hugging you tightly. You both stayed there for a while while trying to get yourselves together. He whispered so many 'thank you's and kissed the side of your head repetitively as you rubbed his back.

"Happy birthday, baby," you whispered into his ear, he kissed you again in response.

Eventually, he got up from his bed and walked out of his bedroom. You were confused at first before hearing his voice.

"Everybody get your hungover asses up, even you Yoongi hyung, I have an announcement," you heard his loud voice, "I'M GONNA BE A DAD, YEAH BABY YEAH!"

You laughed at his excitement and smiled gratefully as you heard words of congratulations.

"You two had sex?" you heard who you presumed was Jungkook say, and a light slap sound afterwards, which you presumed was Tae hitting him, making you laugh again.