Will there always be someone to save you? (excerpts)

I wasn't going to add this but if I didn't then the amount of chapters for each member would've been different and I can't have that! These are extra excerpts that I had written for my story of the same title, mainly because I thought some things were missing and because I wanted to split the last part into two parts. I didn't want any of my instagram peeps to miss out. So these extras are in the final part (on instagram) I have included just tiny bits of what already exists in italics so you know where they fit. And if you're interested in the story after reading these excerpts, please go ahead and read it :)

..."You will get through this. I mean look how far you've come already!" he said, hearing your sniffles lessen and felt you nod against his skin. "Do you want me to stay the night again?"

"Yes please," you whispered.

The next morning, you awoke easily, thanks to a night of light sleep. You wished that waking with Tae close behind you, an arm lazily around your waist. But you could feel his breath on the back of your neck and you remembered.

It was too close, you thought, as the hairs began to rise and prickle on your nape.

Before the panic could get too out of hand, you escaped the bed, not realising the rough action roused your boyfriend from his sleep, and locked yourself in the bathroom. The cool of the tiled enclosure covered your body in new goosebumps, the kind that grounded you in where you were.

You weren't in that small kitchen at work, your eyes scanned the bathroom, all the towels and utensils.

Your body wasn't pressed against a hard surface, you straightened your body, moving your arms freely, up, down, and around.

No one else was in here with you, no one was restraining your hips-

With trembling fingers, you lifted the hem of your shirt up above your hips. The dark purple bruises had long faded, the marks remaining required a closer look, which you weren't going to do. Just as you dropped your shirt, Tae knocked on the bathroom door, the baritone timbre of his voice carrying through.

"Y/n, is everything alright? Are you sick?"

You breathed, slowly, in and out.

"I'm ok," breathing in and out, "just a bad day, I think."

"Okay," he paused, "come to me when you're ready."

You pondered on his voice, there was an emotion that you couldn't decipher. You knew he was hiding something, it had been obvious in the smiles with a hint of sadness. Pushing away that thought for now, you turned the shower on, hoping the water will wash away every memory of that night.

You timidly entered the kitchen, your hair still damp. Tae's back was facing you as he was making turmeric tea for the both of you–both of you agreed to find an alternative to coffee after the assault. Even in your distracted mind, you still appreciated how he accompanied you on this difficult journey.

"Hey."

He quickly turned around, smiling as he saw you. "How are you feeling?" he asked softly.

His heart pulled painfully as you wrapped your arms around yourself, shrugging. His smile muscles started to strain.

It was getting harder to hide behind his smile.

Clearing his throat, he spun round to grab the two teas, handing one to you and receiving a small 'thank you' in return. You both reclined to the sofa, a space between your bodies as you sipped on your hot drinks. The surrounding silence was comfortable, thankfully, but you couldn't hear it over your reeling thoughts.

"I'm sorry," you whispered.

Tae, who was reaching for the tv remote as he figured you would want to be distracted by the sounds and pictures, sighed sadly. "Don't apologise, y/n," he said your name, urging you to look at him, "whatever you're experiencing is unpredictable, you have nothing to be sorry about. Ok?"

Your eyes filled with tears again, but you nodded, reaching out to hold his hand, his fingers instantly squeezing your own. "I could feel his breath-" you started, choking on sobs but the man beside you hushed you.

"You don't have to explain, baby," he said, shuffling closer to you, his eyes burning with his own tears.

"But I thought I was getting better," your voice was slightly louder this time, frustration lacing the lines of your expression.

Tae sat silently, feeling terrible that he didn't have any advice.. All he could do for now was let you take your time as he rubbed the pad of his thumb over your knuckles.

It wasn't until the next afternoon that you felt better. You'd both sat down on the sofa, watching a crappy sitcom for background noise while you leaned on his chest, his fingers lightly sifting through your hair. You missed the tranquillity of his fingers in your hair, and the safety of his body, but you couldn't blame yourself if you had to stay away from time to time. Now you had recovered from the recent flashback, you felt more in tune to your boyfriend's behaviour. There was a dark cloud, if what you couldn't tell, over his head, and it became so confining that you eventually asked,

"Do you trust me?"...

-

..."Don't even mention it, I love you," he replied, kissing your temple as you said those three words back.

And in this instance, things felt like it was close to normal, you, Tae and the world.

1 month later

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

You sighed for the third time. "Yes Tae, I'm sure."

"You don't have to prove anything, you know?" Chloe said.

Looking to the floor, you thought for a moment about why you stood outside your old workplace. You said it was just to pick up your stuff, maybe say goodbye to the few people who cared, but maybe there was an ulterior motive.

"I know, I just- I feel like I need to do this," you looked up again, feeling a little frustrated at their worried gazes. Of course they were worried, they had every right to be, but you weren't fragile, not any more, "I'm okay."

Tae smiled a little at your firm voice, and nodded, from inside his car - if you were sure, then that's what mattered. "I'll wait for you."

Walking inside with Chloe, a wave of deja vu tumbled over you, but it was different now in an indescribable way. You were sure people were staring at you as you walked to your old desk, a box in hand. Word had probably got around somehow, or maybe they were just genuinely surprised to see you after months.

"I'm going to get to work," Chloe said, going in for a hug.

Smiling, you wrapped your arms around her, knowing she was on your side all the way.

It felt oddly sad to pack your stuff away. Yes, you couldn't wait to rid the weight of what memories came with this building, but you had forgotten how much you liked working here. It really sucked to give up something you loved because of one man. Speaking of the devil, you sensed another presence beside you. You willed your hands not to shake as you realised who it was.

"It's going to be a shame not to see you around any more, y/n," he said, his voice low, but high with ego.

You wanted to say something, but your throat was glued shut. With quivering arms, you held the box to your upper torso, glanced up at his stupid face, and walked past him with a numb expression. It wasn't much but you couldn't feel disappointed in yourself any more-you are a survivor. Taking one more detour, your eyes swiftly averting from the kitchen, you knocked on the ex-boss's door, hearing his response on the other side. Taking one look at who entered his office, his smile was wiped off, replaced with what you hoped was guilt.

"Y/n–"

"I just wanted to say goodbye, and," you looked over your shoulder, past the door that you left wide open, seeing a lot of eavesdropping eyes. Dongsun stood at a distance but watched closely, unaware of Chloe's glare on him. Peering back to the older man that now stood from his desk, you continued, "I sincerely hope you don't let any of your employees down again."

And before he could apologise, you strode out, looking straight ahead, ready to let go of the memories attached to this building.

3 months later

Leaving your job was the biggest weight off your shoulders. You knew you couldn't face going back there again, seeing that he was never reprimanded for what he did to you...