The Unknown Adjective

It wasn’t always possible to really think about how lucky you were in life, to bask in gratefulness. Our minds are conditioned to strive for and want more than we can have. But right now, sitting across from your lover who was invested in the smooth jazz that accompanied the silent comfort, you realised that life had blessed you with the perfect companion. With your fist curled under your chin, a soft smile unconsciously tugging on your lips as you watched him close his eyes as if absorbing the music, your mind reeled through the endless adjectives that could describe him.

Perfect was the first word to pop up in your head. But perfect was too…plain. Is perfection really something to be enamoured with? Isn’t it the quirks, the flaws that make a person interesting, that pull you in like a puzzle you want to solve?

So how to describe the most ethereal, effulgent human being ever?

He was so...

Warm. No matter who he greeted on his way to work, in a walk in the park, in a convenience store, he was so polite and compassionate. Maybe because he was gregarious, an observant extrovert who loved to make people feel comfortable. And it made you feel so unquestionably safe, happy, that he became your abditory. A hiding place whose arms were always willing to embrace when you needed. He was so empathetic but so in tune with his own emotions that he treated you as his own home too. And you would be ready for whenever his abiding demeanour felt fragile, and you always told him there was nothing wrong with being…

Vulnerable. Not to mean he was weak, but strong enough to wear his heart on his sleeve, to talk to you about his darkest thoughts and nightmares. He was so strong, but sometimes he was too lost to see that, but you still loved him the same.

Taehyung finally opened his eyes, the curves of his irises catching the light. Of course, how could you forget his eyes. 

They were…

Stelliferous, and you became a worshipper of the galaxy in them. And even when those eyes caught yours blatantly staring, you couldn’t look away even with the heated blush on your cheeks. Those eyes were masters of magnetism. Eyes that held the youthful awe of a child, swirling torrents of emotion, the comfort of late summer sun, and raw sex appeal and seduction. He had that all in those eyes.

And when he smiled, knowingly might you add, you were reminded of the times you reciprocated the action. His happiness was…

Contagious. The pure happiness that hunched and bunched his figure like an excitable 5 year old, his eyes disappearing behind his eyelids, and his teeth on show had you laughing with him and cooing, to the low chuckle that always had butterflies swarming inside you. And the rest of him?

Beautiful. His hands had the grace of a dancer, his broad build and the way he held himself portrayed the elegance of a humble man who was aware of his own beauty. Oh he damn well knew he was handsome, he could be so…

Cocky. And he knew how to use it on you. You should be annoyed every time he used his brash behaviour against you, his smirk, the way he moved his jaw, the way he arched his brow. But he was too damn attractive, and you often ended up with your legs around his slim waist . And his pink lips never resisted the infamous smirk they wore, because he revelled in the power he had over you, and you relished in the submissive feelings you harboured whenever this happened.

But after all, he made you feel so loved, his words, kisses, touches. You were surprised that you hadn’t turned into a puddle of mush yet because you melt every time he showed love. And the important thing was that you gave him love back.

So maybe it was stupid to try and think of the unknown adjective to perfectly describe your man. Well, Taehyung truly was perfect, but he was his own perfect. People are perfect in their own individual ways, different perfects, which sounds odd but that was the only way you could put it. 

Instead, in this very moment as you scooted closer to Tae’s seated figure, laying your head on his chest as he scooped you into his arms, kissing the crown of your skull, you cherished this moment, absorbing the very thought, that you were his, and he was yours. He was Kim Taehyung, and that was more than enough.