Cat & Dog

"Bobae, sweety be careful on the stairs!" you yelled to your energetic 6-year-old daughter as you made your way around the kitchen.

You were not in the state to run after your child, not when you were heavily pregnant and huffing and puffing after a minute of moving around. If your husband was there, he would be telling you to relax, sitting you down on a cushioned chair, kissing you on the head right before calling someone else to cook for the family. But he was a busy working man, and you wished you had taken Jimin up on his offer to cook for you instead. You huffed over the oven, stirring some stew just when your husband had returned home.

"Bobae, have you been stressing your mother out?" His deep voice carried through to the kitchen and you instantly smiled upon hearing it.

"No, daddy," your impish daughter replied, it was a wonder anyone believed her with a cheeky voice like that.

A single kiss was planted on your neck, arms wrapping around your swollen belly. "Hey, are you ok? Not too tired?" Taehyung asked, the hush of his breath calming you down.

"A little tired, but I’m ok," you replied, looking around to face him.

He was still as handsome as he was when you met, his smile lines a little more etched into his features now. You both shared a smile before pecking his lips once, twice, almost three times but a certain little madame made her presence known.

"Ewww!"

The three of you burst into laughter, and Taehyung being the teasing man he is, gave you more kisses as Bobae's protests got louder and louder.

Not long after you all had dinner, Taehyung was rubbing your aching feet and calves while you both sat on the sofa, your daughter busy playing with toys on the floor.

"Mummy?"

"Yes sweetheart," you answered with a tired voice.

"How did you and daddy meet?"

You smiled wistfully upon the long list of memories as your daughter watched with wide curious eyes.

"Ah," Taehyung put his fingers to his forehead, "she wore me down."

"That's a lie!" you retorted, sending a slap to his forearm, Bobae's absolutely clueless to the inside joke.

-

Everyone stayed away from you at school. It wasn’t your choice although it has to be made clear that you weren’t a people person. But it was only natural that people were put off by your quietness and resting b*tch face. Although it was a little frustrating–people preach ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’ but never practise that golden piece of advice. That was until the transfer student…

Kim Taehyung was like a puppy, full of life and smiles, and he quickly gained friends. You had never felt envious about having friends, but he made it look as easy as pie. While he attracted attention and welcomed it, you repelled it. It was the first time you wished you weren’t so lonely.

While others were quick to ignore you, Taehyung noticed you. He didn’t see the defensive expression that everyone else saw, and he didn’t feel any kind of aura that pushed him away. He just saw someone that needed a friend.

"Hello!"

You jumped in surprise at the jovial greeting, turning to see a smiling Taehyung sitting next to you. You rubbed your eyes wondering when he got there before putting on your friendliest smile.

"Hey," you thought that you sounded so awkward but Taehyung’s smile never faltered.

"We’ve never introduced each other. I’m Taehyung," his head tilted, and as cute as it was, instead your fists clenched from the pressure of an impromptu social interaction.