Hot Chocolate

Midnight. He was late, which was unusual for Tae since he'd never pass up an opportunity to spend time with you. If he was unable to hang out he'd always let you know in plenty of notice.

You sighed, looking at the snacks you'd laid out on the coffee table in front of the sofa, eventually deciding to put them back. As you had placed them on the kitchen counter, a knock was heard on your front door. You walked to the door and looked through the peephole, feeling cautious, but smiled upon recognising the silhouette of the man you loved. Excitedly, you opened the door and spoke.

"Baby, you know you can just come in? It's what you usually do," you started, but your happiness soon transformed into worry as soon as you saw his slightly red, puffy and glistening eyes. "W—what's wrong?"

He just shook his head and looked down, almost like he was too ashamed to cry in front of you.

"Baby," you cooed, gently pulling him inside and guiding him to the sofa. "Can you tell me what's wrong?" you asked him, your voice soft and encouraging, as you both settled on the cushioned surface.

He was chewing on his bottom lip, looking down to his fiddling hands in his lap, trying to avoid breaking down into audible cries. But to no avail, his tears silently fell. He shrugged before letting out a shaky breath, his face contorting, showing the pain and sadness he was desperately trying to hide from you. You rubbed his back slowly, gently urging him on.

"I'm just stressed," he croaked out, his voice breaking, along with your heart.

You kneeled down in front of him, reaching up to wipe away his tears with your small palms before cupping his face and pecking his red, shiny nose.

"It's OK to feel stressed out sometimes. But don't feel like you have to hide your negative feelings away from me. I'm here to comfort you in any circumstance, ok?"

He nodded, sniffing, his bottom lip still trembling.

"Let me make you a hot chocolate then you can tell me more about it ok?" you said, smiling a little, trying to better his mood.

He nodded again so you stood up and made your way to the kitchen.

After making his hot chocolate, you carried it in, while also carrying the snacks from earlier into the living room.

"I brought some snacks too," you exclaimed, observing how Tae was more relaxed and that his face was now dry of tears. "Here you go my baby," you whispered as you handed over his hot drink.

"Thank you," he replied, his voice was back to being deep and smooth, making you smile — you never want to see him upset again that was for sure.

You proceeded to sit back next to him and opened the packets of snacks while helping yourself. Turning your body towards him, watching him take small sips, smacking his lips at the sweet taste, you tentatively asked him,

"Feeling a bit better?"

He nodded, "Much better thank you," he said, finally looking you in the eyes.

"Want to talk about it a little more?"

He stayed silent for a moment before answering. "I felt like there was too much going on. Felt like I couldn't keep up."

You reached out to tangle your fingers in his hair at the back of his head, softly rustling the dark locks. "Have you told the others about this?"

He looked up at you guiltily, and you sighed softly in response.

"Tae-"

"I know," he quickly cut you off.

"Try and tell them tomorrow yeah? They want you to be happy too."

He nodded, knowing you were right, as he sipped his drink again.

With his hot chocolate finished, he plonked the mug down on the coffee table. He then suddenly wrapped his arms around your waist and leaned his weight on you, causing you to let out a little yelp as your back collided with the seat of the couch. Tae leaned his head on your chest, your heartbeat lulling him to relaxation. He closed his eyes and breathed in and out, loving the way your scent made him feel safe. You meanwhile, had gone back to stroking his hair, the repetitive action making you feel drowsy too.

"Thank you for making me feel loved, y/n, no matter what mood I'm in," you heard Tae say, his voice just above a whisper.

"It's what I'm here for, my love," you replied, placing a lingering kiss on his forehead.