The Vampiric Hierarchy

Lady Eterna and her gang of delinquent Vampire Hunters took off to retrace their steps and find a new trail that could lead them to their flying prey.
   Ya. Good luck.

   "Where is he?" Lord Nightmare turned to Lord Dream.
   "Right here!" The Young Lord Jasper called out as Lord Dream move his gold cape to the side to reveal a small black and magenta skeletal bat hanging from Lord Dream's shirt, safely hidden under his cape.
   After the more than stressful interrogation with Lady Eterna, Lord Jasper's little face was quite the adorable sight to see, even for Lord Nightmare.

   Young Lord Jasper glided out from between Lord Dream's wings and transformed into his usual skeletal form.
   "Thank you both! I am in your debt." Lord Jasper bowed to them in gratitude.
   "You bet you are!" Lord Nightmare barked at him.
   "Nightmare!" But Lord Dream told him off.

   "I'm so sorry my Lords! I tried to- they just wouldn't-" The butler stammered in shaken fear for what could've happened, "Those Savages!" He let his professional mask slip as he continued to look at all the mess they made from their barbaric raid.
   "Please Mr. Wilson, don't be so hard on yourself." Lord Dream smiled softly to his butler, "After all, it is our duty to comply with the King's law." His smile was to comfort Mr. Wilson, but his true feelings were much too treasonous to speak out loud.
   The butler understood him however. Perhaps this was the King's fault for giving the hunters such power in the first place.
   "Of course my Lord. Quite right." Mr. Wilson nodded his head.

   Lord Dream escorted Lord Jasper and Nightmare to the lounge room after asking Mr. Wilson to make some tea for their guest as well as get the night-shift maids to start cleaning everything up.

   "That window you flew in through wasn't exactly big. Did you fly in, in your bat farm?" Lord Nightmare asked as everyone settled.
   Lord Nightmare sat on the lounge chair across from Lord Jasper, while Dream stood behind Lord Nightmare and gently rubbed his shoulders. Nightmare still smelled stressed to Dream's senses but it would've been inappropriate to drain Nightmare's stress while they had a guest.
   "Yes, I did." Lord Jasper chose to ignore the sensual affection that the twins showed to each other.
   "I see, so it is true that all vampires can transform into a bat?" Lord Nightmare asked.
   "Well, yes. I've met some vampires who can turn into other small creatures like a rat or even a snake. But bats are the most typical transformation. Haven't you ever transformed Lord Dream?" Lord Jasper asked.

   "I haven't. And, being honest, I haven't even tried flying in this form." Lord Dream admitted shyly.
   "Trust me, it's easier to fly in bat form. When you decide to start learning." Lord Jasper advised.
   "I will keep that in mind." Lord Dream smiled to him.
   "Flying in full form seems a bit risky anyway. You'd be far more likely to be seen, I think." Lord Nightmare added. He winced as Dream's hand rubbed along one of his bite marks, Dream stopped after that and just sat on the armrest of Nightmare's chair.

   "I suppose you're right. It would be so magical to fly though." Lord Dream gushed.
   "Lord Dream, hasn't been a vampire for very long, I'm afraid." Lord Nightmare explained.
   "I see. But you are a vampire lord." Lord Jasper pointed out.
   "I'm not sure what the difference is between a vampire lord and a normal vampire." Lord Dream admitted.
   "Vampire Lords have wings on their backs, and they are usually turned into a vampire through magical means. While common vampires are turned into vampires by vampire lords. And they only have wings when they transform into bats." Lord Jasper explained as simply as he could.

   "I'm sorry- I could turn people into vampires?" Lord Dream repeated.
   "There's no way to accidentally turn someone into a vampire if that's what you're worried about." Lord Jasper tried to ease him, "The only way for Lord Nightmare to turn into a vampire would be if he drank your blood, Lord Dream." He explained.
   "Interesting." Lord Nightmare thought of the magical implications behind that. He was always fascinated with spellcasting and witchcraft. Which in a why made him more of a witch than a vampire, if only the gossipers paid attention.

   "Lord Nightmare, respectfully, is considered to be more of a pet to vampires' classification." Lord Jasper explained.
   "Excuse me? I'm a what?" Lord Nightmare sat up suddenly.
   "Respectfully my lord. It is what vampires call mortals who willingly bear vampire bites." Jasper tried not to offend Lord Nightmare as best he could, "'Blood pets' are expected to obey and be loyal to the vampire who bites them. For obvious reasons, many vampires think it to be quite demeaning for the... pet." Lord Jasper struggled as he rubbed the back of his neck.
   "Oh good! Lord Nightmare does all of that anyway!" Lord Dream smiled.
   "Dream..." Nightmare's face flushed of embarrassment.
   "Lord Nightmare has been doing an excellent job of protecting me.♡" Lord Dream teased him.
   "How did you know of my bite marks?" Lord Nightmare ignored Dream to ask Lord Jasper. The Young Lord cleared his throat nervously,
   "Um, forgive me for saying, I could smell your exposed blood, the moment I flew through the window..." Lord Jasper gulped as Lord Dream grew a fierce glare in his eyes.

   "Dream, be calm." Lord Nightmare could feel Dream tense up beside him.
   "I have my own blood pets at home thank you..." Lord Jasper tried to reassure Lord Dream.
   "Where did you grow up, Lord Jasper?" Lord Nightmare asked as he scooped up Lord Dream and put him in his lap, if only to wrap his arms around his waist to stop him from jumping at Young Lord Jasper.

   "The middle of no where being honest. The land of the Anti-void. My father found it and build a simple mansion there some decades or- centuries ago." Lord Jasper sipped on his tea as he nervously avoided eye contact with Lord Dream. And the positioning of the two Lords' seating.
   Who was he to judge anyway?

   "Anti-void. I haven't heard of it." Lord Nightmare hummed.
   "It wouldn't be marked on most modern maps." Lord Jasper explained.
   "I'll have to look through some of my older maps in that case. Is your father a vampire lord too then?" Lord Nightmare asked.
   "Yes, he is. Though he hasn't said for how long he's been a vampire lord." Lord Jasper was able to relax after Lord Dream stopped glaring and settled into Lord Nightmare's lap.

   "And your mother?" Lord Nightmare thought to ask.
   "I don't have a birth mother. I was born by magical means." Lord Jasper shrugged.
   "So were we. Our mother made us with ancient magic from our ancestors." Lord Dream added.
   "Incredible! Twins as well. Your family's magic is quite impressive! Was it also your family's magic that turned you into a vampire?" Lord Jasper leaned in with curiosity.
   "Something like that. I'm afraid that we are very private about our family's ways." Lord Nightmare explained.
   "Apologies then. I only pry because my father never told me how he turned to a vampire lord. I have no clue of my family history." The Young Lord frowned.

   "What a shame, I have learned much from our family's library. I find history is better when it's written down." Lord Nightmare confessed.
   "Truly your father never kept anything from his family before him?" Lord Dream was surprised as he asked Lord Jasper.
   "Not a thing. At least that I know of." Lord Jasper confessed.

Cutting this short, until next time.