An Invitation

"You know that my spine is sensitive..." Nightmare muttered shyly to him as their arms interlocked around each other's bodies.
   "That's why it's my favourite place to tease you~" Dream hummed to Nightmare before kissing his cheeks and variously on his face.
   Nightmare was the one to catch Dream's mouth with his own before they were able to melt in each other's arms.

   Dream's hand slipped in Nightmare's open shirt and elegantly wrapped his fingers around Nightmare's spine. Nightmare tensed with anticipation at Dream's touch. Humming at the command of Dream's fingers before the two Lords' mouths parted and a heavy breath released itself from Nightmare's chest.

   Both Lord Dream and Nightmare shot up as they heard someone else enter the room.
   "Eh- um. Apologies my Lords..." the butler walked in with a letter in hand, now more timid than before for interrupting his lords.
   "Quite alright Mr. Wilson, what is it?" Lord Dream played off his minor annoyance with a blameless smile as Lord Nightmare turned away to do up his shirt buttons again and brush himself off, feeling much more annoyed and less tolerant than Lord Dream.
   "An invitation from the Royal Family, my Lords." He presented it to Lord Dream before he took it.
   "The King and Queen? How unexpected." Lord Dream puzzled to what event they could possibly be invited to. With the New Year just around the corner, it would've been impossibly short notice for it to be a New Year party.

   Lord Dream absent-mindedly reached to grab the letter opener but burned his hand on its silver exterior.
   "Fuck! Pardon me." Lord Dream immediately apologized for his language to Mr. Wilson as he'd dropped the letter opener back in its place on the desk.
   "My Lord! Are you alright?" The butler jumped,
   "Dream, what happened?" Lord Nightmare also came to check on him the moment he realized Dream was hurt.
   "It was just the silver letter knife, I'm fine. Mr. Wilson, could we have that taken away and replaced with something not quite as obvious as iron? Maybe steel?" Dream requested.
   "Steal rusts too easily," Lord Nightmare reminded,
   "Perhaps there is a kind of steel that can be made that won't rust? Make it stainless." Lord Dream teased more than anything.
   "That's a ridiculous idea..." Lord Nightmare was more concerned for Dream's burned hand than his impossible smithing ideas.

   "Go on, don't hover." Lord Nightmare shooed the butler, "And bring a healer back while you're at it!" He shouted to Mr. Wilson as he scurried off with the silver letter knife.
   "Don't bother! I'm fine!" Lord Dream tried to overrule Lord Nightmare's command before giving up and using a vampiric claw to tear through the paper envelope.

   "You'd say the same thing no matter how badly you burned yourself." Lord Nightmare ranted, uninterested in what a letter from the Royal Family had to say as Lord Dream sat down to read it.
   "The Queen is pregnant." Lord Dream blinked in surprise as he read again.
   "Are they? And what does that have to do with us?" Lord Nightmare had a sneaking suspicion.
   "King Asriel and Queen Chara have been trying to make their first heir for some time since marrying. It's not always easy getting a human and a monster to properly reproduce." Lord Dream reminded.
   "So?" Lord Nightmare could almost predict why it was any of their concern.
   "So, they are throwing a celebration in the capital. One that requires all nobles in the kingdom to attend." Lord Dream placed the letter down as he watched Nightmare grow more unenthusiastic by the second.
   Lord Nightmare groaned before dropping back in his seat next to Dream's. Lord Dream giggled at Nightmare's obvious "excitement".
   "They are the same royals who would have you killed just for being what you are. Why must we go?" Lord Nightmare complained as they each leaned on the arms of the chairs to be as close in leaning against each other as they could.

   "They are still the King and Queen that we have a duty to respect and serve, and it would be bad form to not celebrate something which the kingdom has been waiting on for a while." Lord Dream tried to appeal to Nightmare's logical desire to know why social parties are ever even necessary.
   Their fingers intertwined with each other's as they leaned their heads together.
   "I serve no King of Undertale." Lord Nightmare grumbled. Of course, Lord Nightmare would rather follow his ancient ancestors, who ruled over Dreamtale as their own kingdom. Dreamtale had the land and resources to be self-sufficient. The only thing that stopped Lord Nightmare from naming himself King was politics... and the potential war that would be caused.

   "Dreamtale may need an heir one day..." Lord Nightmare spoke softly, almost shy to talk about the subject.
   "An heir? Us?" Lord Dream repeated, "Nightmare, do you want children?" Dream always knew that either he or Nightmare would have to produce heirs for Dreamtale one day, but he'd never really thought of having children himself.
   He found it sweet that Nightmare seemed to think about the ideas of a family. Especially enough to think about having a family with Dream.

   "We're getting married as it is." Nightmare was unsure of Dream's opinion on the idea based off his reaction. "Though, if you are immortal now, I suppose we might not need one." Lord Nightmare back peddled in case Dream didn't want young vampires to take care of.
   "Hmm," Dream grumbled at the mention.
   "You hate the idea..." Lord Nightmare shrunk.

   "No, I don't hate the idea at all!" Lord Dream tried to reassure him. "I think you'd make a wonderful father... It's just, I don't want to think about my immortality." Lord Dream admitted, "It only reminds me that I will grow to out-live you one day. Then what will I do?" Lord Dream shuffled uncomfortably.

   "I can make sure that you die first." Nightmare squeezed Dream's hand. Dream let out a taken-off-guard laugh.

   "What?" Dream tried to hold back his chuckle.
   "When I am old and weak, I will kill you with a silver dagger and then kill myself. So you won't ever have to worry about out living me as an immortal vampire." Nightmare smiled softly to Dream, but he was serious. Dream shrunk slightly with a smile in bashful gratitude to the overly dramatic yet romantic promise.
   "Very well. I suppose in that case, we will need an heir." Lord Dream kissed Nightmare's cheek.

   "You're the mom!" Dream jumped up from his seat, assigning Nightmare to be the one to get pregnant.
   "What!? No! I've got to work!" Nightmare yelped and got up to chase after Dream.
   "You have the boring office job out of the two of us, my job actually requires me to be on my feet!" Dream made the more compelling argument.
   "You- Well, I'm on my feet a lot to-" Lord Nightmare was going to lose this battle of logic for why Dream should be the one pregnant. Lord Dream laughed.
   "I'm teasing~ I can be the mom and take maternity leave from dealing with our disgusting mortal commoners~" Lord Dream poked fun as he spun around the room, eventually landing to Nightmare's chest and looking up at him with a devilish smirk.

   "Now get over here and cum in my pussy, big daddy~" Dream hummed as he clung to Nightmare's shirt.
   "Must you be so crude!?" Nightmare's face erupted with a shy blush, as the sentence gave poor Nightmare severe emotional whiplash and a short-circuited head.
   "Yes~" Dream sang as he started to climb Nightmare's body.

   "My Lords..." The butler came back, "Ms. Brown here is a healer."
   "I'm going to kill the next person who interrupts us..." Lord Nightmare boiled with growing frustration as he muttered to Dream.
   "You will do no such thing. You asked for him to bring a healer." Lord Dream muttered back before turning to Mr. Wilson with his casual bright smile.

  "Thank you so much Mr. Wilson! Ms. Brown, shall we?" Lord Dream politely escorted the kitchen girl to the other room where she could heal Dream's burn.
   Lord Nightmare crossed his arms in defeat before he was ultimately forced to suppress his sexual frustration and continue reading his long and now painfully unstimulating book.