Home Sweet Home

The book is nearing its end~
Are you ready?

   It had been a long trip back home. Lord Nightmare hadn't slept the previous nights and found himself increasingly tired. But the thought of Dream still being in the capital frightened him too much to let himself sleep a wink. Nightmare held onto the idea that Dream was still alive, he had to be, or Nightmare would... Well, Lord Nightmare didn't let himself think about what he would do if Dream really was gone.
   Not to mention the two royal guards and Eterna being right there with him didn't give him very much security for allowing himself to be unconscious in their presence.

   "Getting tired, lover boy?" Lady Eterna asked with a smile.
   Lord Nightmare glared at her in return but said nothing before looking away. Back through the window where the clouds made the day seem dark as night, without a ray of sun to shine in the whole kingdom.
   "Missing your vampiric master already?" She taunted him, "Or should I say twin? I suppose it's all the same in your sick head. I thought you'd be disgusting enough as a vampire pest. But how perverse are you for doing that with a demon that looks like your brother?" Eterna, the witch, poked at his anxieties and shamed his pride. But calling his Lord Dream a "demon" made him seeth with boiling rage. He tried to hold back and bite his tongue. Not even daring to look her in the eye, knowing that she'd have a smug look on her face that would make him lose his absolute shit.

   "I guess you'll have a hard time finding someone to replace your brother with, for your perverted fantasys. Since Dream will be dead." That was enough out of her.
   Lord Nightmare snapped, turning to see Eterna's smug face and seeing red as he jumped at her with his arms out to reach for her neck and strangle the miserable life out of her.

   The two other guards were quick to grab him though. Pulling him back and restrain his arms forcefully as they held him in his seat. Lord Nightmare fought and wrestled with the both of them as he tried to get at her.
   The guards beat him down and punched him in the ribs until he finally gave up. His body had already been through enough unhealed torment that it was easy to get Nightmare to curl up in pain and back off once more.
   Lady Eterna called them off with a wave of her hand so that they would hold his arms down but stop beating him when he was already weak.
   Of course, as Nightmare raised his head to face her, Eterna took a swing of her fist to his face herself.
   "Ow- I always forget skeleton faces are the worst to punch." She shook her hand out with discomfort, likely bruising her knuckles.

   Lord Nightmare's neck collar loosened during everything that Nightmare's been through, leaving his neck exposed. Eterna examined it as she saw a bite mark on his neck. She hooked her finger on his shirt and examined further to find more and more of Lord Dream's marks around his neck and shoulders.
   "Pervert... you probably enjoyed that punch." She muttered with disgust. Nightmare spat blood at her shoe in attempt at retaliation.

   "My Lady. We've arrived." The driver announced from outside.
   "See now? Home sweet home!" Eterna smiled as she got out of the carriage herself, and the two guards dragged Lord Nightmare out and to the doors of Castle Dreamtale.
   The butler rushed to the foyer as he heard unwarranted guests barge through the front doors to the castle. Mr Wilson, as well as a few maids, arrived in time to watch their Lord Nightmare get thrown to the ground by two royal guards. His circlet fell off his head as he landed to the stone ground, wounded and weak.

   The butler ran to his Lord's side.
   "My Lord!" He cried out as he kneeled to his Lord's level and tried his best to help him up, "Get the healer!" Mr Wilson ordered as Lord Nightmare looked back to glare at Lady Eterna entering his home. "Barbarians! You have no right!!" Mr Wilson screamed at the royal guards who seemed to have no respect for a Lord in his own home.
   "They do. By the King's order." Lord Nightmare grumbled to the butler. Lady Eterna smiled.
   "The King? My Lord, where is Lord Dream?" Mr Wilson asked with a frightened wimper in his voice as Ms. Brown, the castle healer, ran to her Lord's side and started healing him with magic.

   "Dream has been stripped of his rank. Your former Lord is a vampire and will be executed by sun light tomorrow morning." Eterna took it upon herself to answer the butler. Nightmare tried to get up but was held back by his maid and Butler. "It would have been sooner, but lucky for your brother, the weather's been nothing but cloudy. The weather profets predict heavy snowfall tonight and a cold, sunny morning. A shame I won't make it back in time to see it myself~" She smiled as she turned back to leave the castle.

   "Oh and, if these guys decide that your staff knew Dream to be a vampire. They're authorized to carry out the sentence lawfully." Eterna added, looking directly at Mr. Wilson and Ms. Brown before leaving to go back to the Capital. With the royal guard staying behind.
   Most of them made their post in the castle, but a few were sent to the village.

   No doubt that when they're there, they'll tell the villagers why there are royal guards suddenly in Dreamtale.
   Everything that Lord Dream made was ruined. And their family's legacy was nearing its end if nothing was done.

   "Until the King has decided that you're well enough to join society again, you've been placed under house arrest. Aside from that, Lord Nightmare, you may go about your business and pay us no mind." The knight in charge of the guards informed him as Ms Brown and Mr Wilson helped Lord Nightmare stand to his feet.
   "In other words. Until I comply with his demands to share my family's magic." Lord Nightmare grumbled with a sneer at the knight.

   "Come, my Lord. The maids will set you a bath." The butler and the healer helped their Lord away from the guards as another maid came to bring Lord Nightmare's circlet.
   "I don't need washing. There's no time, I need to leave." Lord Nightmare insisted as they walked away from where the guards would hear him.
   "My Lord, you'll never be able to make it to the capital by tomorrow morning." The butler tried to explain.
   "Not even on the fastest horse!" Ms. Brown added.

   "Dream is still alive." Nightmare argued. "He is alive. Right now."

   The servants didn't know how to argue with their Lord.
   "But... they'll never let you leave the castle." Ms. Brown spoke up.
   "They can try to stop me. With my family's magic on my side."