Hell will Reign

King Asriel raced down the halls of his castle. Finding bloody trails that would eventually lead to a body, or even pieces of a body wherever he went. The escaped vampires had opened all the cells to all the dungeons, both vampire and mortal prisoners were running rampant. Either escaping their own ways or finding something in the castle to break or steal before leaving.
   It was a nightmare. A day of hellish reign. But all of the more violent bloodshed led to one place, in the throne room of Castle Undertale.

   The King tensed to the sight of someone else sitting on his throne.
   A devil with great horns and wings sat waiting comfortably, with the former Lord Dream curled up on his lap, clinging to the demon like he was an accessory of the creature's wardrobe. Both wore the circlets of the Dreamtale family.

   "What in Hell-" the King gasped in fright.
   "I'm glad you could join us, Asriel." Lord Nightmare cradled Dream in his arms as he smelled the fearful sweat in the King's fur.
   "Lord Nightmare? Is that you?" Asriel heard his voice and recognized it, "What in the name of Hell happened to you!?"
   "Don't bore me with your fake concerns. I'm only here to discuss a political matter." Lord Nightmare explained simply.
   "I'm not discussing anything with a servant of Hell!" Asriel had no foot to stand on, yet he argued.
   "Fine. It wasn't going to be much of a discussion anyway. I am telling you, we are taking Dreamtale back. Our family's land is separating itself from your kingdom and becoming independent. Starting today." Lord Nightmare informed with his head held high, looking down upon the young King.

   "Are you quite mad!?" Asriel yelled back, "I have fleets of armies across the entire kingdom. Powerful enough to conquer any rivalling kingdom that actually has an army of its own! I own the land around you! You would be surrounded, with nowhere to turn but your pitiful little plot of land that had nothing on it but a folk village!" The King shouted like a child getting told "no" for the first time in his life. Of course, he was also factually correct in all his arguments against their mad idea of provoking him.

   Lord Nightmare stood up, with his four great wings shooting out to make himself look massive on the pedestal he stood on. The King jumped out of his skin and turned pale as Nightmare's eyes glowed with fury and stared him down with a look that could kill.
   "Your armies won't follow you to their deaths! Perhaps your father would've been able to. As a true warrior, he could lead an army across the Multiverse. You are a child who's never seen battle and have been handed a kingdom that doesn't even respect you as a king! You who hides behind his walls sending the Vampire Hunters to do your pest control for you! You are no warrior, Mortal King! You Are A Coward!" Lord Nightmare roared through the room like a hurricane as King Asriel cowered before his magic.

   "Nightmare..." Lord Dream called to him softly to calm him down as Nightmare's heart raced with rage.
   Dream placed his mouth to Nightmare's neck and sucked on a bloodied wound to drain out Nightmare's rage when he couldn't catch Nightmare's gaze.
   Nightmare flinched and gasped lightly as his rage slowly drained from Dream's soft mouth. His shoulders lowered as his body relaxed, and Dream pulled away with a soft kiss to his neck.
   "You've said what you wanted. Now, I want to go home." Lord Dream hushed in Nightmare's ear calmly, with his hand to Nightmare's chest. Feeling Lord Nightmare's heartbeat slow to a more comfortable pace before Lord Nightmare killed the king out of blind rage.

   As satisfying as it would be to kill the foolish goat, a power vacuum in the kingdom would be far more unpredictable and harder to win against in a war. That- or Consort Chara would take the throne until their unborn child was old enough. And everyone knows what Charas are like when you make an enemy of them...

   "Sinners. Both of you! How dare you be so crude right in front of me!" Little Asriel had something to say about their passionate display, "War will rise on your puny Dreamtale! So you might be sent back from Hell, where you spawned and be punished for unholyness!" He declared and threatened.
   "You know where to find us." Lord Nightmare responded, unmoved by Asriel's wrath.
   Lord Nightmare's wings flexed their strength before lifting him and Lord Dream off the ground with a powerful gust of wind that blew the banners off the walls and knocked the King right over. Lord Dream and Nightmare took their leave, circling around the throne room at great speed before darting through the stained glass window like an arrow. Shattering it completely as they disappeared to the night sky, leaving the King's staff to deal with the mess, and a very angry King.