King Asriel

Glad to see that the cliffhanger was taken well. =)

   The world spun around Dreams head as he placed his hand to his chest to feel his soul beat faster.
   Lord Nightmare and Sr Azure argued with each other in French. At least it sounded French. Words and sentences became incomprehensible as sounds faded and dialled, and Dream's vision grew blurry.

   "Night- mare..." Dream whimpered out as he weakly gripped Nightmare's shirt.
   "What is it?" Nightmare and Sr Azure hadn't noticed anything wrong with Dream until he'd collapsed.
   It must have happened so quickly.

   "Dream! Dream!!" Lord Nightmare tried to catch his brother as he fell to the ground.
   "Mon ami! Dream!?" Sr Azure panicked as his friend fell. Dream's eyes were half lided but unconscious. His breath was shallow as his bones grew cold with sweat. Nightmare's heart raced as he tried to wake Dream up, pulling him up onto his lap as he kneeled on the ground with Dream curled up and shaking.
   Sr Azure looked to the only half eaten desert on Dream's plate.

   The two came to the same obvious conclusion,
   "Poison!" They both shouted. More guests started to fall, including the Echotale Gaster family, which was getting people's attention as they started shouting in fear and jumping from their tables away from their deserts.
   Lord Nightmare held Dream close as royal knights started to surround the area, and the King approached.

   "Your majesty! I must insist you are taken to safety! There is-" Sr Azure was stopped by the King's raised hand.
   "At ease, Sr Azure. I am in no danger." The King and Lord Nightmare locked eyes as Nightmare glared with hate. The fallen guests were starting to be tied up and taken away by the royal guard.
   "What is this? You poisoned my brother!!" Lord Nightmare demanded answers as guards surrounded their every angle.
   "There is no poison at work my Lord Nightmare. Simply an elixir that's been tested and proven to only work on vampires." King Asriel explained.
   "I don't care what you call it." Lord Nightmare growled as he eyed the movement of every guard around them who waited for their king's command. Nightmare pulled Dream further onto his lap, not ready to let any of them touch him.

   "Vampire? Your majesty, there must be a mistake! Lord Dream can't be-" Sr Azure looked to his unconscious friend, and caught a glimpse of Dream's white wings. Now revealed from under Dream's cape due to having no control over his body, all while Lord Nightmare seemed to be unfazed by the sight of Dream's wings. Lord Nightmare glared at Azure as if he had any part in this scandal.
   "Sr Azure. I suggest that you step aside. Unless you'd like to defend this vampire and admit that you knew Dream's true nature?" The King spoke Lord Dream's name without his proper title.
   Sr Azure hung his head shamefully in betrayal of his friend.

   Lord Nightmare, however, was quick to take Sr Azure's sword out of its sheeth and pull Lord Dream onto his shoulder. The guards rushed to protect the King from getting attacked, leaving Nightmare the opportunity to push past the guards and make an escape, though not without a few bruises caused by their metal armour.
   The guards jumped away from Lord Nightmare's blade or got cut by his swordsmanship. They chased after him as he ran down the halls of the castle as fast as he could with Dream on his shoulder.
   Any guard that stood in his path, down the hall to the exit, tried and failed to win in a one on one with Lord Nightmare, that was until he made it to the foyer.

   All exits of the castle were swarming with guards ready to stop anyone who tried to leave. A small army stood between Lord Nightmare, and the exit.
   Nightmare gripped his sword, willing to fight them all if he had to. Cutting down the first few knights who dared to run at him, but the armour they wore made it increasingly difficult as he got further through the crowd. The bruises and minor cuts he got didn't seem to deter him from fighting harder and defending Dream on his shoulder.
   He was mad. Crazed with determination that would get Dream to safety no matter how much trauma his body was put through. It made some of the guards hesitate to even go near him out of fear.