Ch. 9) Inner Child

-- MENTIONS OF SA --

 -- ⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️ --

You felt your eyes blink. You knew your eyes were open but your brain was so confused, you couldn't see anything, it was pitch black. 

You then realised you were sitting down on a chair. Feeling your arms and legs tied to the chair you start squirming little by little becoming more aware of your physical state.

Grunting, trying to set yourself free you hear something in the darkness in front of you. Like something slightly moved across the floor, causing you to freeze. 

You felt your eyes search the room but you still couldn't see anything. Your heart was racing at this point, your breath becoming quick and shallow. You heard slight ringing in your ears paired with your heart beating.

You knew something was in the room with you, but you had no idea who or what it was. Still darting your eyes across the darkness, you finally muttered some courage to speak.

"h-hello? Is anyone there?"

You heard a little girl crying. Her cries echoed.

"Hello? Who is that?" You say again, your mind still trying to make sense of what was going on.

She stopped crying and started sniffling.

"Hello?" You said again.

"hi." You heard softly, a little girl spoke. She sounded a little far, but close enough.

"Who is that? Where are we and why are we here?" You asked still so confused.

The girl sniffled again.

"I don't know *sniffle* my dad put me in here, he- he said that I didn't do good today."

"Your dad? What's your dad's name? Didn't do good at what?"

"He said I didn't listen *sniffle* and said that I need to be taught to listen *sniff* and then all these men came in and-"

She started sobbing. You can tell she was sobbing into something maybe her arm or a pillow, but it was muffled.

"Hey, listen to me, you need to tell me who your dad is and I can get both of us out of here."

"I HATE HIM" She screamed, still muffled. You could tell she was hurt and filled with all sorts of uncontrollable emotions.

"I can help, let me help, I just need to know who we are dealing with?" Your eyes still searched across the abyss, trying to find any sort of visible life.