Ch. 18) Staring Contest

"Hmm, should I make a nutella sandwich or just have some cheetos?"

"You're asking me?"

"Well sorta, i'm just thinking out loud," You said scanning the pantry. "You guys have a surprisingly tasty pantry, i'd expect like some lame ass protein bars or something."

"You're not funny."

"I'd like to see you try to be for once."

"I'm funny."

You looked at him in unamusement

"yeah okay, whatever you say." You said while grabbing the nutella jar.

"I am, I just don't bother on amusing other people, it's a waste of time and energy."

"You see, this is why people don't like you."

"I don't care, I'd rather that then the other way around."

"Yea well, that's how you end up dying alone."

"Again, couldn't care less, I don't need people to like me only to respect me."

"Now that's just stupid, how are you gonna get a girlfriend, by her respecting you?" You snickered at your own comment while spreading the nutella on a piece of bread. Ghost stared at you not saying anything.

"Or do you swing the other way?"

"im straight."

"Straight as in like you dont wanna answer? Or straight as in you like girls?

"I like girls."

You laughed at his dull answer to your smart remark.

"Have you ever even been in a relationship?" You asked him.

He paused not saying anything, you couldn't really tell if that was a yes but it didn't go well or if it was a no.

"That's not important." He said. "What about you?"

"Eh, you're right, not important." You said closing your nutella sandwich and putting the jar back in the pantry. "So, what did you and Price talk about, was it just about you being a big fat fucking liar, or was there something else?" You said taking a bite of your sandwich. Ghost scoffed at you before answering.

"He also told me that we're gonna hold off on training for a while since some men from other forces are coming to help on this mission cause we lost some the other night finding you."

"Mm gotcha, soo what do we do in the meantime."

"Our usual activities and training."

"Mm alright well, you do that, i'm gonna be in my room eating this bomb ass sandwich and watching my show, gahbye." You said walking away. Ghost's eyes followed you which eventually traveled down to your ass, he watched as it swayed admiring you until a soldier came up to him and diverted his attention.

You closed your door and sat on your bed grabbing your computer. Orca crawled next to you smelling your food but you softly pushed her nose away. You pulled up the show you have been watching and put on your headphones pressing play.

After your episode was finished and your sandwich, you decided to take a shower since you hadn't yet. Getting up and setting your empty plate aside on your side table you walked to the bathroom and got undressed. You tried to turn on the shower but couldn't figure out how. You turned it every way you could and try to push it up or down but it wouldn't turn on, frustrated in defeat you grabbed your phone and texted ghost 'how the hell do you turn on the showers'. You sat on the toilet waiting for a response. After a couple of minutes of scrolling on Tik Tok he answers and says 'you turn it' you reply 'oh wow very help, i totally didn't try that' he responds with 'i'm coming' you got up, grabbed your towel and wrapped it around you and waited.