Ch. 17) Simon Says

You headed back to the conference room where you had told Ghost to meet Captain. Arriving in less than 2 minutes you carefully placed your ear on the door. Trying to make out the muffled speaking you were interrupted.

"Oh hey y/n"

You slightly jumped surprised at the sudden voice, you quickly shushed Soap trying not to let Captain and Ghost inside hear you were eavesdropping. He turned his speech into a whisper before speaking again.

"What are you doing?" He said quietly.

"None of your business, what do you want?" You said quieter, still leaning against the door.

"Uhhh I wanna know why you're trying to secretly listen to..whatever's going on in there."

You gave him a dangerous look basically telling him to go away, but he didn't. 

"Hey, I need your help." He said still whispering.

"What is it?"

"Can you.. follow me."

You looked at him obviously very bothered, his expression screamed 'pretty please'. Looking at the conference door you made your mind up, you couldn't hear anything anyways.

"Fine."

"Thank you so much."

You followed Soap and he led you to the training room, on the way he asked you if you could go over some moves with him that he's finding hard to nail down, you assured you'd help him since you had nothing else better to do.

He asked about a few things before practicing it on a punching dummy. All the while, you were telling him corrections he could make, observing his moves.

"So, what's up with you and Ghost." He said in between practicing moves. You followed with a hum of confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you guys seem close."

"Teh, yeah okay, we're about as close as you and I."

"Ehh, I wouldn't agree."

"Why not?"

"He told me you both went on a walk together," Soap started to say catching his breath "I've never seen Ghost do anything willingly with anyone."

"Well, he said that the guards would think I was trying to escape again."

"What? That just doesn't make sense."

"What're you talking about?"

"I mean didn't you go out this morning, the guards didn't stop you." He said then going back to training.

You were taken aback, he was right, the guards didn't think anything fishy of you when you left so why would they only a couple of days before.

'He lied to me again? What the hell's the matter with him?'

You were honestly upset, you didn't like being lied to, no matter how miniscule the lie was. You looked at the time on your phone it had been about 25 minutes, Ghost was probably dismissed from his meeting with Captain by now, and now for sure you were going to get to the bottom on his lies.

"Hey could you give me Ghost's number, I need to see something real quick."

"Yeah sure." Soap grabbed his phone and quickly read the numbers out loud.

"Thanks, you got the jist of the moves right? I gotta go do something."

"Yeah go ahead, thanks again."