Ch. 11) A Dream Come True

...

"It seems like the darkness always reveals your truths, huh?"

"Who are you?" You said trying to squint your way through the invisible.

"I am your secret."

You froze in your place hearing your heartbeat echo through your ears.. you snapped out of it reaching for the hall light switch and quickly turned it on... there was nobody there. You stood there in shock and confusion.

'What the hell is happening to me'

You kept standing there staring and searching with your eyes for any indication that there was something there. Desperately trying to make sense of anything you just experienced you were suddenly interrupted..

"Y/n?"

You slightly jumped back startled.

"Woah there, didn't mean to scare ya'" It was Soap. "Just came to remind you of training today, you okay? You look.. out of it or something."

"Yeah, yeah..I'm fine, I just.. didn't see you coming over here."

"Okay.. well, let me walk you down to the training ground."

"Okay yeah" You said still trying to make sense of everything.

While you were walking, you were zoned out. You heard Soap talk about something, but your brain couldn't make sense of his words. All you kept thinking about is what just happened. 

'Am I hallucinating?.. Am I sick?.. Is there something wrong with my brain?.. or is my past just coming to haunt me?'

You placed your attention to the dream you had this morning, finally putting some connections together...

'No..it couldn't be..there's no way...it's not even possible why am I even considering this?'

You felt an overwhelming bad feeling in your gut, but it didn't feel like stomach ache, no, you felt like something was bound to happen, something bad... really bad.