Ch. 15) Nothing Means Nothing

*FLASHBACK*

You stood over his lifeless body, looking down at him with nothing but pure indignation and disgust. The sirens and yells ran around in your eardrums. Adrenaline coursed through your body speeding up your breath and heartbeat. Blood covered his face but you knew it was him. You grabbed your sickle out of your back pocket and kneeled down next to him. You scanned his body, gazing over it as the grip you had on your sickle tightened. Impulsively, you quickly and forcefully struck the sickle in his stomach. Putting your other hand on it, you began sawing down his stomach using a significant amount of strength. Finally once his inner organs were obvious and on display, putting your sickles aside on the ground, you reached inside, pulling out with your hands submerged in his blood. You stood there for a while, looking at the blood on your hands, then went over to a nearby wall and drew on it. You didn't realize what you were drawing until you were finished.

Taking a couple of steps back, you admired the wall and your work. You drew devil horns. You didn't know exactly why, but you did. It was almost like your subconscious mind took over your body. Your head was clear, your mind was free from all of your thoughts and emotions. You looked back down at his body, kneeling beside him again. You got ahold of your sickle and stabbed him underneath his head in the middle of his jaw. You watched as the shiny black blade quickly slide in from his open mouth and then you pulled it out. Flicking your wrist to get some blood off of it, you put it back in your pocket, glanced back at him, and left as quickly as you could. 

Running. Your legs moved automatically while you ran. You weren't running from anything, or anyone. No. You were hunting . Coming across anyone meant certain death for them. power walk as your limbs became heavy and your heart worked harder than it ever had to before. Walking around, you noticed you barely heard any yelling anymore, just the wailing of the sirens. You kept walking then finally, you saw at the end of the hall, the back of a familiar women on her knees, kneeling over something. It didn't take you long to start sprinting up to her as fast as you could not caring about the state you were in, but then what she said stopped you.

"Do it."

You halted your sprint now only a couple of feet away from her. The awareness of your heavy breathing accompanied with the sirens were interrupted by a loud clang as you saw a knife drop from her hands.

"Do it, kill me."  

You heard the rage of sadness she had in her voice. That's when you realized what she was kneeling over. 

Your brother.

His lifelessness was apparent.

"I SAID KIL-"

She quickly grabbed the knife beside her and turned around charging at you while screaming but you instinctively blocked with one of your sickles and drove the other one into your mother's head making her body drop immediately. Your arm went with her body as you kept ahold of your sickles . Putting your foot on her head you pulled out your sickle. You only glanced at your brother before going hunting again, somewhere else.

~~~

Your eyes fluttered open as you felt a certain weight on your chest. Opening your eyes completely, you saw Orca. You softly smiled before reaching your hand to pet her, she purred and meowed at the warmth of your hand. You took a deep breath and stretched waking your muscles up. A releasing sigh left your mouth as you relaxed back into the bed looking at Orca. You contemplated going back to sleep for a while but the time on the clock convinced you otherwise. You gently grabbed Orca placing her off of you and got up to get dressed. It was already 9 am. You decided to brush off your dream, as you thought it meant nothing. Well you didn't know if it meant nothing but it's probably just your brain trying to process it all. The dream you had was of your brother that night, when all hell broke loose. You dreamed if Ghost had gotten killed and not him, you didn't remember a lot but you recalled that much. As you were getting dressed a wave of desire to go back to that place swept over your body. As you brushed your teeth you wondered where this was coming from and could there be a reason why you want to go so badly. Your curiosity grew as the minutes went by, and then you decided.