[ 3 ] Dumb decisions 

. ་ ˖ ׂ: ֺ꒷₊˚» ʚ♡⃛ɞ꒷₊˚⤜ . ་ ˖ ׂ:

" maybe we're all dumbass, but we were just trying to live

" maybe we're all dumbass, but we were just trying to live..."

THE HORSE HOOFS CLATTERED, Atlanta not far.

run down cars on one side the other a crashed train now growing trees and whatever other plant that had decided to take over the train.

Lily gulped the city was dead or it looked dead. a crossing over a bridge lily had her regrets about this, but now she had a lump in her throat that feeling of worry filled her stomach as she stayed quite they passed a bus. Lily looked into the bus, all the windows were broken glass clattered along the side. two walkers sat in it now getting up at the sight of the two following them groaning along the city lines.

"Wow a tank!" Lily whispered trying to ignore the body that laid across the tanks lid and the lump in her throat, walking pass the tank lily eyes glued to the walker. "lily.." rick whispered "hmm?" Lily asked now taking her eyes off of the tank her ears filled with the sound of a hum. Her eyes darted towards a building. A helicopter buzzed through Atlanta.

the shadow disappearing in the glass building. lily eyes light up. This might have been there only chance at help. The only chance to find there families.

Following the sound of the helicopter the question of what the helicopter was following rick went to turn, down a street the small hum fading away. lily staired her eyes bulged with perturbation. "Rick" Lily whispered her voice a mutter, hundreds of walkers filled the streets all eyeing the two with hunger.

"rick—rick" lily voice raised dismay filled her tone. "go!" Rick yowled at the horse lily gripped into rick bag she didn't even wanna know what followed the two she could hear the noises fill her ears "oh shit" rick cursed Lily's leaned past rickshaw shoulder, another group of them turned blocking the road surrounding the two there groans scaring the horse.

The horse jumped knocking rick and Lily's bag to the ground inches away from the two heards. Lily slide off the horse as fast as she could her hand grasped the bags strap leaving the other behind.

she picked herself up in shock at the sight infront of her, struggling to walk as she looked around for anything that could help her she saw it the tank "rick!?" Lily bayed, glancing behind her he was gone two walkers now took his place but he was gone "oh freaking hell" lily mumbled her voice a shake jumping onto the tank killing at least  one walker.  her hands clutch the tank lid her hands covered in dust.

"Rick!" Lily yelled looking around clocking her head left and right trying to find Rick "Rick!" Lily gulped a walker now climbing up the tank as she knew she had to close the lid  "hey!" Rick shouted somehow in the tank "oh my gosh" Lily smiled finally breathing.

Rick slid back his forehead sweaty his breath labored as the two eyed the tank. right next to him a walker his eyes closed he looked lifeless lily eyes bulged as he began to move only an inch enough for her to think she'd imagined it. "Rick—" lily huffed rick mouth dropped as he grabbed his gun noticing it wasn't Lily's imagination.

Shooting the walker at the gunshot echo throughout out the tank lily ears ringing at the echos "shut the—shut the hatch" rick mumbled laying down as lily grunted struggling to get up and climbed the latter she saw ricks two bags and lily last bag surrounded by walkers three climbing up the tank lily slamming the hatch shut her heart beating at a thousand miles per hour walkers pounding to be let in lily sat back lowering her head "here" rick huffed a gun in hand "if this ever happens again you'll need this l rick sighed his grip losing as lily grabbed the gun.

"You have one?" Lily question, rick quick to nod "I only have food for like a day so idk how long we can last In here" lily informed both regret leaving Morgans. Lilys head fell back her bag cushioning her back, lilys eye began to shut, exhausted, trying to grasp there breaths.

the radio began to crack echoing in the small space. Lily looked to the radio in awe her eyes furrowed. "hey you, dumbasses yeah you two in the tank you guys cozy in there?" The man asked lily and rick eyes now glued to the tanks radio trying to figure out if they had both gone insane or it was really happening "what the hell?" Lily questioned whispering at her own words as her eyes circled the radio

Lily shuffled over to the radio turning the radio on her finger prints visible from the dust "hello?—hello?" Lily hesitantly asked looking up at rick  "there you are you two had me wondering" the man answered lilys eyes bulged as she looked back at the radio "where are you outside? Can you see me right now?"

"Yeah I can see you guys you're surrounded by walkers that's the bad news" the man huffed his tone just as confused as there's "there's good news?" Lily questioned her hands shaking as rick shuffled over to her "listen whoever you are I don't mind telling you I'm a little concerned in here" rick added Lily leaning the radio to him "oh man you should see it from over here" the man sighed "yeah thanks" Lily panicked "got any advice?" Rick asked questioning there survival rates. "yeah I'd say make a run for it" the man radioed over briefly"that's it's?" Rick questioned as the radio beeped over "my ways not as dumb as it sounds, outside the tank there's one geek still up on the tank but the others have climbed down and joined the feeding frenzy where the horse went down."

"So the horse is dead?" Lily gulped the small matter not seeming important to the man or rick "you with me so far" the man asked fearful "so far.." lily exasperatingly spoke. "okay the street in the other side of the tank is less crowded "if you move now while there distracted you stand a chance both of you. You got ammo?" The man timorously queried, "in the duffle bag I dropped out there and gun can I get to it?" Rick questioned resting his hands on his knees in fear of what the man would say "forget the bag okay? It's not an option—what do you have on you?"the man asked

"Hang on!" Rick answered looking over his shoulder shoveling around in his knees looking at the two guns, the Pygmy amount of ammo and the walkers plethora of pockets he found one thing a beretta with one clip "we got a beretta, 15 rounds" rick informed the man "make 'em count jump of the right side if the tank keep going in that direction there an alley up the street maybe 50 yards be there" the man ordered the panic in his voice had uppered as lily grabbed the a knife, she looked at rick "you go first" rick huffed "you sure?" lily questioned her voice shaky as rick nodded.

Not waisting another second lily opened the hatch helping herself up as she slide down the tank useing the gun rick gave her to kill the walker rick short to follow her, taking the lead making sure lily stayed close by him they ran to the ally way "whoa! Not the dead" the man yelled fear covering his face "come on come in back here!!" He yelled rushing up a yellow ladder a storm of walkers followed close behind them their arms stretching for them.

An exasperated breath left Lily's throat as she backed herself into a corner looking down in dismay.

"Holy shit—holy" lily breathed all three panting as the walker all gathered around "nice moves there Clint east wood" the man spoke breathlessly, "you the new sheriff come riding into clean up the town?" The man snarkingly asked,  jokingly "it wasn't my intention" rick huffed "yeah whatever, yeehaw" the man gulped "you both are still a dumbass" he added "speak for yourself dumbass" lily mocked bobbing her head "rick, thanks" rick held out his hand looking at lily with a glare "Glenn, your welcome" Glenn nodded "lily" rick huffed easing his eyebrow "thank you" lily smiled looking up the ladder

It seemed like it never end it was just an endless climb. "bright side it'll be the fall that kills us" Glenn spoke trying to make this situation better as the three eyed the later. "dumbass"