[ 12 ] the waiting game

. ་ ˖ ׂ: ֺ꒷₊˚» ʚ♡⃛ɞ꒷₊˚⤜ . ་ ˖ ׂ:

"Some children are simply born with tragedy in their blood"

Hayley clutched her sore fingers eyeing over the edge of the highway the mangled grass that look torn staring back at her.

Her sister was out there—her sister of all people Sofia. She was only twelve how did she let this happen?

Her mother clutched her lower back, trying to alleviation her daughter while not scream and cry herself.

The rest of the group had vanished, there shadows lost in the wind, as Daryl and two others shoved pass, Hayley had blocked out there voices there constant "will find her"

The trees rattled as Hayley finally came back to focus, "you didn't find her?" Carol whined, her hand shaking as her lip trembled in trepidation.

"Her trail went cold. We'll pick it up again at first light" rick explained, using the highways railing to help himself over, "you can't leave my daughter out there on her own to down a night alone it isn't safe"

"Out in the darks no good" Daryl stopped the weeping mother, a kindness soothing through his voice. "But she's twelve she can't be out there on her own! You didn't find anything?" Carol begged pleading.

"I know this is hard but I'm asking you not to panic we know she was out there" rick consoled trying his best to calm Carol. "we tracked her for a while" Daryl stepped forward once more.

"We have to make this an organization effort—Daryl know the woods better then anybody I've asked him to oversee this" rick announced.

Hayley's eyes feasted upon ricks blood swallowed shirt, her mind went to the only thing this world knew horror.

"rick—is that?" Hayley stuttered as rick lowered his head to his shirt.

"We took down a walker" rick amited, Hayley placed her shaken hands on her head, a fear plastering across her face.

Her feet scooting through the highway leaving her hyperventilating mother with the others, her eyes looked of glass as her footsteps dragged walking away.

₊˚» ʚ♡⃛ɞ꒷₊˚⤜

Hayley back leaned on the caravans tire, her eyes wide as rick placed a small set of hatches and other knifes on carols old Cherokee.

Lily grabbed a good sized knife, the weight felt okay for her to handle and it wasn't to bad, she lifted her head to meet Glenn who was eyeing whatever tool he had in hand.

There steps loud as lily dragged her feet through the Forrest mangled leaves and vines.

"Look! My dad said I could carry it and my mom said as long as I was careful it was okay!" Carl babbled, a brighten look plaster on his face.