[ 19 ] when the monsters come

. ་ ˖ ׂ: ֺ꒷₊˚» ʚ♡⃛ɞ꒷₊˚⤜ . ་ ˖ ׂ:

Lily eyes never left the upper bunk, the metal had cracks she'd follow, the quietness making it easy to forget the world

Lily eyes never left the upper bunk, the metal had cracks she'd follow, the quietness making it easy to forget the world. Finally after a while she sat up the blood rushing to her head as she grinned her bag a picture stuck out the side.

"help! Somebody help!" Beth's cries echoed.

Lily's feet fled her eyes widen at the scene below Lori leaned down her hands cupping Hershel's face as his skin went pale. Lily's eyes followed Hershel's daughters there distraught eyeing there lifeless father, his pale skin glistening in the light.

Hershel gasped his hands clasping around loris neck the three screaming, lily didn't scream although she was tempted. Maggie's hands grasped loris waist Carl pulling his gun as Hershel gasped his green eyes opening as his chest began to raise a small snore falling from his lips.

"Damn" Liam cursed his hands sweaty.

There head turned as rick and the other peered in, there skin splotched in blood. "Hershel stopped breathing, mom saved him." Carl informed, "it's true" Liam added his dad resting a hand on his shoulder his boots clanking in as her leaned in the beds metal post.

The group eyeing Hershel like a trophy his lips trembled, making Maggie lean in his eyes slowly opening slowly but they did. The groups eyes lighting up as Hershel let a small smile out. Beth's soft laughs lit up the room as rick uncuffed Hershel who's sore hand reached out thankful the group had a win one of many. Hopefully.

Lily reminded herself of that as the sun rose a new day beginning like nothing, days  went on they never stopped not to let the group have a break not to let them breath.

Lily let the still cold air whisk her skin, an odd feeling following over.

Like someone had been watching her—or the prison for a matter shutting the prison door, a soft chuckle existing the cell Hershel slept crutches sat in few. Johns hand was placed on Hershel's backside helping him up "just take your time" Hayley reminded.

His hands grasped the crutches almost tumbling to the side if Lori and John hadn't been there. "You okay daddy?" Beth asked her southern accent coming through as Hershel tapped the crutches to the ground slowly chuckling out "you know I think I'm pretty steady." He nodded, lily smiled "Let's go for a little stroll"

Lily smiled at the man, Hershel was somebody lily wanted to be as she opened the door letting Hershel out John in-front just In case.

"You cleared all those bodies out?" Hershel jabbered seeing the clean concrete "it's starting to look like a place we could really live in" Hershel added ignoring the fact he'd only been recovering for a day or two. "Go Hershel!" Glenn cheered. A big smile plastering his face.