[ 21 ] when the dead come knocking

"The world now and death sentence are identical both brutal and cruel"

Liam kicked through the door it opening with a slam against the wall, "keep it down" rick whispered to his son. Rick knew Liam could handle himself to a point he'd never let Carl or Liam get hurt ever again.

Michonne latched the door as the groups feet shuffled inside "you see anyone?" John asked looking around "what's that smell?" Lily gaged almost at the smell. inhaling her noise awful almost gut retching smell.

A dog laid on the floor, dead. Lily felt horrified her soft spot for dogs coming through as she grabbed a near by cloth covering its face as best she could.

Hands began to pound against the door walkers surrounded the cabin door there moans muffled by the wall.

Lily's head snapped at the beds sudden leap "ah who the hell are you!" A man spoke jumping from his bed his eyes darted back and fourth at the groups bewildered expression "we don't mean any harm" rick warned, placing his hands out as the man warned them to leave.

"We will but we can't fight now" rick whispered the man's crazy eyes wanting them to leave "I'll call the cops" Lily's face scrunched in utter dismay "I am a cop now I need you to lower your gun" rick softly told the man snickered.

"Show me your badge" the man clocked his rifle pointing at ricks head "it's in my pocket" rick pointed telling the man His every move. He reached up moving the rifle almost hitting Daryl and max.

The man bit ricks hand harsh, running towards the door Lily's eyes widen as Michonnes katana rammed through the man as if it were nothing as if killing was nothing.

"we could of down that differently" max seethed loosing the grip he had in his gun "you gotta be kidding" Oscar shook in disbelief "he's dead, check the back" rick turned as Daryl and rick through the man out the door for the walkers. "It's clear" Oscar told as lily peered it open sticking her head out.

Running out the back way walkers earring the man to shreds the group had no time to say there sorry sad the fled.

Night fell faster then it should've.

Woodbury came into view it looked almost like a safe haven. The moment lily looked at the makeshift fences she felt bad about what the group was about to do.

It taken them longer to get here after John and ricks argument the group couldn't take everyone someone needed to stay with the car and Rick knew John would loose it in there trying to find Hayley.

Men armed the gate as Michonne lead the group towards an opening. Into a small darken building small fires gloomed outside as people walked along happy faces almost as if nothing was wrong with the world. Pillow cases hung over the windows the hide the inside

"I thought you said there was a crew-few?" Daryl turned hastily "the street is packed during the day those are stragglers" michonne made known as Lily's eyes followed they all wore such nice pjs for a town especially for what the world was going through.