⋆⋅ 06 ⋅⋆

ɪ ʟ ʟ
⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

WE HAVE SIX MONTHS. Me and Brooke have six months together before she was off and away again.

She told me about her home situation in the past, most hangouts or weekends together were often spent at my house.

Her parents aren't always there for her. And sure she loves them, but Brooke can never really catch a break. Her mom's a flight attendant always away travelling for a while, and her dad completely out of the picture.

Even if Brooke doesn't like to admit it or not, she spent most of her life alone. Kept in the walls of the house her mother owned, or waiting outside the days her mom forgot to give her the keys. Her uncle lived miles away, it was practically impossible for Brooke to have anyone stay.

She never had anyone there for her for a while, and when she finally had me it was like she had someone there.

I think her mom realized how much Brooke needs someone by her side, if it's because of her forgetfulness or dedication to her work. Brooke needs someone there for her.

And she will.

But I can only guarantee she will for six months.

"Mom said I can stay with uncle J for a bit." She said, as we walked to the familiar apartments.

"I have a friend who lives here." I smile, looking past the gate to the door that leads to Miguel's house.

"Really? Are they cute?" Brooke asked with a wink.

Brooke has been bugging me all day to show her the friends I've made. I want to tell her it's close to none, but I'm afraid she'll tell me to put my guard down and make more.

I tried already, so many times, and still nothing. I'm not worthy enough to keep people around, I'm surprised Brooke has stayed with me this long.

"Oh so they are..." She raises an eyebrow.

"Okay Brooke shut up! Let's go." I huff dragging her by her arm. She was quite shorter then me, I stood at a tall five-seven, when she was basically at the brink of five-four.

"Do you think he's home?. He told me he was going to do some shit this morning." Brooke says, as I drag her past the gates in-front of an apartment a few houses down.

"Remember when we took his motorcycle for a spin?." I remember.

The memory resurfaced a while ago when I first moved here. To be honest I forgot we even did it.

One day me and Brooke got really bored, and her uncle was visiting for a few months. Apparently it was to "get his life back together". It wasn't a very long visit, just a few weeks. But I could tell having her uncle around impacted Brooke a lot. She loved having someone to talk too who was related to her by blood.

We make it to the apartment as she laughs, "yeah and he fucking flipped!." My hand raised to the door, knocking twice as Brooke talked about our motorcycle incident."I still can't believe we were able to use it without him noticing."

The door opens with a swing. The familiar face staring back at us with a blank stare.

"Yeah neither can I." Johnny roles his eyes nodding for us to follow him back into the apartment.