⋆⋅ 32 ⋅⋆

ɪ ʟ ʟ  
⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

I WATCH AS HIS BACKPACK slumps behind him, his hands holding onto the straps like a nerd excited for school.

"Please tell me you're joking." I laugh, turning to him and pulling his hands away from his backpack straps. He looks down at his hands confused before looking back up at me.

"What's wrong?." Miguel asks, returning his hands to the straps of his backpack.

I gasp. "You're holding onto your backpack like a nerd excited to go to Study hall."

He laughs finally letting go of the straps. "Okay sorry." I laugh as we walk further down the entry of the school.

I begin walking in front of him, but when i realize he stopped following i turn around to see what happened.

When i catch sight of what he's looking at my heart does a flip in my chest. No matter how hard i try to push down my feelings, my heart always betrays me.

I look over and Eli eyes snap to mine. After yesterday i decided i want nothing to do with him. And yet my stomach can't help but flutter when i see him.

He looks at me searching for something. An answer, he wants words to spill from my lips. But none come.

I shake my head in disappointment before looking over at Miguel. His eyes staying trained on me and Eli.

"C'mon Miguel lets go." I remind him. We both share a glance with Eli who looks down before continuing what he was doing.

"What was that about?." He asks after we're a safe distance away from the cobras.

"What?."

Miguel follows my long strides before pulling me to a stop. "Are you and him still...?."

"Are you insane?!." I whisper shout. I walk away from him in complete disbelief, despite my nagging heart wishing his words were oh so true.

My face turns hot. Heat follows up my spine and clouds at my throat. My face feels like it's about to melt.

He catches up beside me, his feet following beside me. Right. Left. Right. Left.

"Okay so-" His body crashes into mine because of the impact of another person.

"Oh, sorry, I-"

I look up and see sam. Me and her have always been.. friends?. She is a sweet girl, but me and her have found our friendship to be in and out of touch. And none of us had any intention on changing it. It's bittersweet at most.

"I'm sorry, Sam." Miguel quickly says, apologizing and blushing all at once."I should've been watching where I was going."

Sam chuckles nervously, looking at me then back at Miguel."Me too."

I smile at her when her eyes meet mine again."Hey willow."

I nod awkwardly with a sweet smile. "Sup."

"So, uh, congratulations on being back on your feet." She mentions to Miguel. I can't tell weather I'm interrupting a moment or not."Literally."

"Thanks." Miguel blushes again, looking back over at me in a way that screams 'please-help-me-talk-to-her.'

"I'll let you guys get back to your friends." she says nudging her head towards Eli and the rest of his wannabe karate gang.

"They're not our friends anymore." I smile at Sam watching as she gives me one back in appreciation.