⋆⋅ 11 ⋅⋆

ɪ ʟ ʟ  
⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

MY HEAD HAD BEEN POUNDING all day. The constant thump of my thoughts and any loud sound sending an aching pain in-between my eyebrows.

I didn't get much sleep last night. Two hours to be exact. Even after falling asleep I got up and couldn't close my eyes again.

. The only thing getting me through today was the fact that I could get home and finish it. I almost finished my painting

Ow.

My head thumps again, a locker slamming from the middle of the hallway. Students laugh and shove as they make their way to the cafeteria.

I need to take Advil.

"Willow!." My head spins around, Sam running after me with a guy behind her. I've never seen this guy before.

"Yeah?." I ask, adjusting the bag on my shoulder. My eye squints slightly at the ticking pain edging from behind it.

"I was wondering if you could do a favour for me?." She pleads. I look at her then to the boy now standing in front of me.

"I don't know sam, my head is really hurting and i was thinking of going home."

"It will only be quick," she says, taking my hands in her palms with a plea. I close my eyes and take in a breath.

"Fine what is it?."

She lets out a squeal, looking back over at the boy.  "This is my friend Demetri." She gestures to the boy. "He has been working on this project for two months now, and he needs someone to provide validation. But I promised moon I would go out with her today."

I look at Sam then back to her friend Demetri.

Do I have anything better to do?.

Most lunches I'm stuck following Brooke around the school. She has lots of friends now, and sure I know I'm her number one, but recently it's like i haven't been seeing her at all.

At the dojo, at school, on the weekends. I've been changing my schedule so it doesn't take away from the time I spend with her. But in reality It just kind of feels like I'm holding her back.

"Uh, sure. Just let me text Brooke and tell her i can't make it to lunch."

"Oh, I already seen her leave with a few kids from the soccer team. She told me they were going to go skip at Golf N' Stuff."

My eyebrows furrow. "Oh."

Maybe it happened unexpectedly. I shrug it off looking at sam. "Go have fun."

She smiles gratefully, "Thank you!. I owe you one." And with that she begins rushing out of the school.

"I guess i didn't formally introduce myself." The guy says beside me. "Demetri." He puts out his hand for me to shake.

"Willow." I take his hand, gently shaking it.

"I know who you are." Demetri states. My eyebrows furrow, the pain coming back for just a second before leaving again.

"You do?." I ask crossing my arms in confusion.

"You're Brooke's friend. You're basically royalty around here." My smile falters.